Do you know the love language of your child?

I just attended a seminar about parenting and the speaker suggested an old book called 5 love languages by Gary Chapman. He said that it be helpful for parents to understand their children if they know their love language. He gave an example, one parent kept giving praises and encouragement to her child but her child didn’t seem to appreciate it, only to find out that the love language of the child was Quality Time. As soon as she spent more time with her child, they understood and cared for each other more.

For those who have not read the book, there is a website where your child (5yrs old above) can take a test. I have yet to let my 7-yr old daughter try the test. You and your spouse can check your love language too.

The website is:
http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessments/love/

His book is one of my favorites for marriage/relationshps.

Hi mommywendy,

Thanks for sharing…the answers are something I have neglected and I know this is what I should do more to show my love to my hubby :yes: Thanks again

The Five Languages of Love (for marriages) was recommended to me by my sister-in-law and I found it to be fantastic. To be honest it isn’t something I’ve implemented enough with my husband but I couldn’t get him to take the quiz for me so we’ll just say it’s his own fault! I did find it really inspiring and helped me to see things from so many different angles. Anyone who’s read it will remember the example o the wife upset over the way her husband acted after she gave birth to their child and then when there was a death in the family but when you saw it from his side, you really feel bad for him! Even though I haven’t implemented it enough in my own marriage, I definitely think it has made a difference and I will refer back to it in the future as needed. I’m looking forward to reading the one for children once BC is old enough to have a preference for how we show love. Thanks for bringing it up mommywendy! I was able to get the book from my local library too, nice and easy!