do i have to take calsium and iron

I’m almost 32 weeks now. when i start take Ca (R. B.tone) and Fe(milical) i feel tired, heart burn, constipation, vomiting also gastric problem. when i talk my doctor regarding this she gave me zintac still no change. is there any way that i can solve these problems other than stop to take medicine.

<

Have you tried to take the calcium by iteself? Thesymptons you are describing sound like they are caused by the iron. What about a multi vitamin without iron and calcium until you feel stronger?

Do you already take a multi? I know when I take calcium with my multi, it makes me feel sick. I usually take calcium right before bed so it doesn’t bother me. Plus, it’s supposed to relax you.

when i take milical without R B.tone. i didn’t notice these difficulties. at that time only bad taste. and i’m also taking medicine just before the bed. doctor did not give me multivitamin.

I honestly can’t imagine a doctor not prescribing a prenatal vitamin! There are many more vitamins and minerals that a pregnant woman needs other than just calcium and iron! What about folic acid?! That’s absolutely essential! Seriously, go to the store and buy a prenatal vitamin and take that instead of separate calcium and iron. And you might want to get a new doctor while you’re at it.

nhockaday, you’re hysterical - and I couldn’t agree with you more!