DIY Visual Discrimination Pattern Matching Busy Bag Activity

Hi!

Look what I came up with!! We love making easy, simple manipulative games at home. A few days ago, when I got my hands on Popsicle sticks, I decided to make a pattern matching game for my son. I created the geometric pattern on the sticks with the help of sketch pens and sharpie, a ruler and some tape. I made them in pairs for Moksh to do the matching work.

Here’s the link to the video for you to have a look
https://youtu.be/HNU_Xb2WN5Q

First, I placed even number of Popsicle sticks parallel & next to each other on to the table top. Then I used clear tape at the ends to fix them on the table top. This made it easier to draw. Then with the help of the sharpie and ruler I made some patterns on the sticks & we were ready for the activity!

Such a simple, easy, frugal DIY game!!

Pls do have a look at our video to see them better:) These are excellent for matching work, make the pairs work and visual discrimination! My son loved them and played quite a bit!

We do quite a bit of early learning at home videos on our you tube channel. Pls do visit us some time:)

Thanks for watching & happy learning!!

Interesting. How old is your son? I am also doing some montessori activity with my son… but most of the time he is not to interested and so difficult to get his attention. Oh, he is 22 mo old now.
other than youtube, Do you have any IG acc where you post all your son activities

thanks.