Different types of flash Cards

what are the proper flash cards to use when teachng them to read? There are a no. of different flash cards constructed in the market. I am confused in which is the proper flash cards to use. Pls advise

1. GD had flashcards with just words printed on them - with these, i am concern if they know the actual meaning of the word they have seen without any picture

2. flip flash cards (words in the front, flip to reveal the picture) - with these, its much difficult to flip the card while you have to hold the rest. Not forgetting you have to do it fast to catch your child’s attention.

3. Picture flash cards (just picture, you read out the word to them) - with pictures only,they wont get to see and learn the words

4. Picture flash cards with words printed below - i am much comfortable using these for they are able to see the pciture as well as the word, but most of the flash cards i have seen/search through the net are not printed these ways, they are all in the format describe in 1,2 and 3 as above

It really all depends on what you are trying to teach and what method you want to use. I have a wide variety.

When you are using the flip flash cards or any for that matter, you have to get used to flipping them fast. That’s just something you have to practice if you want to do a flash card program.

The problem with the flash cards with words printed below, and why you don’t see many like that, is because it is too distracting for the child to have both picture and word on the same card.

thks. i will make it a wide variety for him

I thank you for the information! I was looking for and could not find. You helped me!

Hey, thanks for sharing it.

Good share, most thanks

:thumbsup: Agreed!

Спасибо за информацию! Теперь буду знать все.

I need to buy online an assortment of noun cards, not the cartoon kind real pictures of animals, furniture,fruit,vedgetables,etc, Ive tried ebay,amazon.ELC and cant find any.