Developing healthy attention spans and delayed gratification.

I’ve been mulling over the no-tech Waldorf approach these past couple of days, and I can’t help but wonder if the Little Reader flashcard screen time and occasional education video is going to cause ADD in my boy.

At 15 months he’s very active and does throw a few tantrums a day, which includes throwing things.

Doman asserts that babies and toddlers can absorb a ton and very quickly, which is why you can flash words and pictures at them. They do seem to love it, don’t they?

I guess I’m wondering what I can do to develop a nice, long attention span and proper values of delayed gratification that are so necessary to study difficult subjects and accomplish anything challenging and worthwhile in life.

Maybe analog books is the only way.

Any ideas or experience?
How are you ensuring you kid grows up focused, patient, etc.??

mom2ross

Have you looked at Montessori, her method is very well known for developing discipline and long attention spans. I think both systems as in LR and LM and Montessori can work well together. Its just making them mesh.

Pamela hicken? from right brain kids apparently managed to integrate Shichida and Montessori together with some wonderful results.

Hope this helps