Describe your child in a word! Mine is NAUGHTY.

I wonder if children taught early exhibit some similar attitudes or traits?

Even before DD can talk, she’s being showing humor and would always want to tease us. On her 5th month, whenever she sees her Granpa, she would make a deep gurgling sound then smile knowingly at him. It’s just a couple of moments that we realized that Granpa has a habit of clearing his throat. Then when she can talk well enough, around 18-months, she would make jokes especially suited for the person she’s talking to. For example, her chubby Granma would refer to herself as “sexy” but she, knowing otherwise, would call her “fatsy” (her combination of “fat+sexy”). When she saw her cousin climbing on a chair, she shouted “Don’t jump Boots!” (the monkey in Dora). When her aunt (who’s also chubby) is coming to get her, she exclaimed “Don’t enter! The room will be full of you!”. She’s not in any way rude but is always teasing us. Always want to add some silliness to anything and would not want to listen to her lesson unless I make up some silly story about what I’m teaching. NAUGHTY girl :slight_smile:

My daughter has been teasing us from an early age too - very funny!

so cute!
:laugh:

Oh that made me laugh! lol
The sence of humor is probably fro the early learning, if your kids knows at age 3 what most kids know at age 8 then her jokes will match an 8 year olds. The silliness probably is a reflection on the way you teach and thus the way you interact with her.
I have two funny kids, and one who was far too serious, she would cry watching those funny videos of children falling off swings ect. I actively teach them all to think about how others are feeling so their jokes are less “in your face” their sence of humor is often at themselves and in story retells.
It is wonderful she is making jokes relevant to the situation, it shows quite hi order thinking. She is young yet and it’s cute for now. Over time she will learn to make them appropriate, you can gently guide her now if it bothers you or your relatives. But i think you can safely let her have her laugh for the time being. She is precious not naughty :slight_smile:
one word for eachnof mine: Nerd, Princess, Nugget. lol

I forgot to write my word, it’s the one I thought of while tucking her in tonight - breathtaking!

One word to describe my daughter is precious.

:clown:

To describe my son in one word. I’d rather say he’s :wink: "ACTIVE " Means hyper active.

Mine is ADORABLE, people cant get enough of her, & very ENDEARING :wink: = 2 words,
I guess that’s not too much… :yes:

our son is AWESOME :slight_smile:

1 – independent explorer

#2 - cuddle bug

and for both – awesome! :yes:

Mine is ineffable… haha, I’m still learning new vocabulary myself:-) Came across that one this weekend, but it’s so true about my little guy, he is just such an amazing little creature. Yesterday he signed “yellow” for a yellow ball, how wonderful is that!

I love reading on this forum that everyone’s desire to teach their little ones basically stems from the fact that they love them & want the best for them. I work with extremely underprivileged children a lot of the time & it can be overwhelming. They are yelled at & mistreated from the minute they get up, parents have no respect for their children & then the kids grow up to become disrespecting adults themselves. And they deserve so much better, every child is so precious. So I come on this forum & read all the sweet little success stories & it encourages me to keep going:-)

Mine is “Mischievous” and tries to snow the snowman. lol

I can describe my son PLAYFUL because he’s very active during daytime and would grab colorful object he see’s on the living room and play with it.

she’s EXCEPTIONAL!!! Love her :laugh:

Crazy!!! lol

Hahaha! My daughter is also so mischievous :slight_smile:

Independent.

Always been an independent one. The other day he packed a bag full of trucks, cars, diggers and some underwear and set of on an “'venture in the wide wide word”

Massivepaininthebutt but she is a wonderful paininthebutt to have in my life. Try and look at it as one word.