Dear Homeschool Forum;

Hello, everyone. Thank you all for replying, posting, and uploading content to the homeschool forum. This is to say thank you ALL for contributing to this wonderful site. :yes:

As you can see the homeschool forum has really kicked off with tons of ideas, links, and views, however, replies have been slowing down a bit. Please reply so we can keep this forum going with new ideas, new messages, new content for our homeschoolers, and home educaters, and plus those wonderful great links that everyone keeps sending. Remember you earn points to reply or to start a new topic.

I was just wondering if there is something in particular that you (everyone) may be looking for regarding homeschooling, home education that you haven’t found here within the posts? Is there something that you would like to address that hasn’t been addressed yet regarding homeschooling or home education? FEEL FREE TO PM ME WITH ANY IDEAS.

Keep up the good work everyone, and thank you for making the homeschool forum an informative, family like, forum as we adventure into the new year.

motheroffaith

Thanks for all your efforts, motheroffaith!!

I’d like to know what UNSCHOOLing is, as apparently it’s different to homeschooling. How? Anyone tried it?

I think it’s basically child-led. There is not as much structure, and the kids get to spend more time on the subjects that they are interested in. It’s not as formal; it’s more hands on, and kids are able to have a lot more fun and learn according to their personality and leaning styles.

Here is an article that explains Unschooling and Delayed Academics. It also gives real examples, and lesson ideas:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Home-Schooling-and-Un-Schooling&id=2620009