Daughter not interested in flashcards--started too late?

hi,
my daughter is 17months old. Is it too late to start this brillkids system for her? I am showing her the flash cards but she shows no interest. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the Little Reader community!

Is 17 months too late? Absolutely not. We started our little one when he was about 20 months old. We actually felt that it was the ideal time to start. We breezed through LR in under a year. Our son has completely mastered every single lesson in Little Reader. Our only problem now is we don’t have anything beyond the second semester of Little Reader to teach him.

So, no, it’s definitely not too late!

How fast are you showing the words? If you are going too slow, she will become bored. Make sure you go as fast as you can say the words.

Here is a video of it:

http://downsyndromeupupupandaway.blogspot.com/2011/05/fast-flashing-method.html

In our case, our son was not never very interested in flash cards but it was completely different when it came to the Little Reader program. We never had a problem.

So if your daughter is not interested in flashcards, I would definitely suggest trying out the Little Reader program. There is a free trial available on this website.

thanks for all the replies. So i will ditch the flash cards and just get the LR program then. And for flash cards many do you show per day?