Daily learning schedule

Hello everyone,

I am curious about daily activities care givers are following with their early learners. I am a soon to be mother and I am trying to create mock schedule for my baby. So far I have on the schedule Flashcard or Glenn doman session, a read aloud, tummy time and baby massage before bed.

Thanks in advance to those who respond.

Your schedule sounds great! I would recommend adding some of the following:

1- Try the free downloadable baby stimulation cards from Brillkids library.
2- You may also consider a carefully chosen Montessori mobile. There are very interesting ones on Etsy shop.
3- During tummy time, you can lay him next to a mirror (as recommended by Dr. Montessori).
4- Talk to him a lot while you are cuddling him.
5- Let him listen to languages CDs that you are planning to teach later. Better, let him listen to real people talking to him. There is a thread on the forum (I don’t remember where it is exactly) talking about the HUGE ability of new born babies to grasp foreign languages. This ability decreases after 7 months. So hurry up! :wink:

Most importantly, don’t overwhelm yourself. These activities shouldn’t necessarily be done every single day. Get a LOT of rest and enjoy your baby.

I hope this helps

Thank you very very much for responding. I intended to look into some Montessori activities but I haven’t gotten their yet. lol. Thank you very much

ps.

yes it is a little overwhelming especially being a new mom to be;, I am starting to wish babies came with a manual. :smiley:

Good luck to you Mom to be!

We all wish babies come with manuals, but you will soon discover that the best manual is your heart. Follow your instinct and you will be the person who knows your baby the best.