Curriculum for Autistic Preschooler

Those of you have special needs children (autism) do you have a curriculum that you use that you like the best? I have been modifying and adapting my own curriculum with my favorites, but I was wondering if anyone has a website for a free curriculum or the methods that you use. I have taught several special needs but each child is different and I am needing some ideas for an autistic hyperactive non-classified preschooler. Any suggestions would help. Non-classified meaning the child has not been tested or seen by a doctor.

What area are you guys from? In Canada there are so many supports available for autistic children.
http://rsaffran.tripod.com/resources.html Try that site. Its not all free, but maybe you can get so ideas and have the parents make the supplies for you :slight_smile:

Thanks. We are in the US, KY. I know that there are some that are here but they are very expensive.

That makes me so sad, early intervention is the key to these kids living a normal or as close to normal life as possible. Could this families community or church pull together and fundraise for this child. its breaks my heart. I know in Canada services are provided under medicare funded by the government, but I have put myself thousands of dollars in debt purchasing supplies for his therapy and the time I’ve had to take off work to attend intake meetings and assessments, bi-weekly clinic meetings, and countless other appointments. Do I regret it, no, not one bit. I have lots of years to make money and pay off those debts, i only have a few important years to make a difference in my son’s life. Its wonderful your taking an interest in this child and I’m sure you’ll make a difference.

The school systems here are over run with high needs children. Unless a doctor signs off on getting assistance from the government the family can’t. Their church has already helped tremendously but the school where the child needs to go will not take her. There isn’t any room, and for the school to supply the child with an assistant the doctor has to sign off on it. So I am doing my best with hands on learning instead of computers, and text books. I have taught several children in this area but none so young. The public school can’t give the child the attention he/she needs. So here I go. I am using ofcourse my favorite www.hubbardscupboard.com for the curriculum and I am trying www.starfall.com, ofcourse LR is our #1. We can only go to school for 30 minutes at a time until we have to regroup and do some brushing techniques for calming down.