Creativity

I have just read this interesting piece that claims that while intelligence appears to increase with each generation due to enriched environments, creativity is decreasing for the same reason. What do you think about this? Do you think it is true and if so what can we do ensure we don’t restrict our early learners’ creativity?
http://playfullearning.net/2014/06/kill-childs-creativity/

that was a mind opening article on children’s creativity ! , Agree that at times boredom paves way for imagination and independent thinking , I encourage for free play activities and not too tight schedule for kiddos. Afterall, many creative ideas or the urge to seek profound knowledge arise from the seed dropped by boredom :clap:

Hi Cheerymom,
Thanks for replying. Do you home school? We do and I find with my daughter (9yo) that I tend to fill her day with learning and activities but when she can escape she produces amazing stuff (music, computer coding etc) and it makes me wonder if the autonomous educators have the right idea. The work she does of her own accord is just much higher quality.
My son (almost 3) on the other hand climbs all over me if I don’t fill his time for him. :slight_smile: