Crawling track - or lack of one

Hi,

I read Doman’s Physically Superb book with interest. However, I am utterly unable to make the required props so improvise where I can.

Instead of a crawling track (I wish!) I put my newborn on his cot top changer which is made of the same plastic. It is too wide and not really long enough but he is managing to crawl along it!!! And the surface ies just right for him to push up his head, Working much better than just leaving him to exercise in his cot or moses basket, which I was doing previously.

Very pleased with myself. :biggrin: If anyone has any better ideas about how to create a crawling track which don’t involve woodwork, would be delighted to hear…

Great job improvising! Are your floors carpeted? If they’re not, your son could crawl on the floor. Any object could be used to push off from, if it’s sturdy enough. If they are carpeted, try a sheet of cardboard about the size of his torso. Put him in socks for friction, lay him on the cardboard. Cardboard on carpet is very slippery, I think it might work.

I did have a crawling track, but didn’t travel with it. My sister had a bed that was up against a wall with a very tight fitted sheet on it. I found that almost worked BETTER than the Asics crawling track that the Gentle Revolution Website sells. I put my hands on the open side of the bed so my baby had leverage on both sides. At 3 months old he crawled the length of the bed (about 6 feet), whereas he was only crawling about 4 feet in the track.