Crawling track length?

We never did a crawling track with Ian and I am really determined to have one for our new baby in August. Do you all feel that it needs to be 8 feet long? I was wondering if five feet would be enough. Seems like it will take up so much space? Has anyone made their track foldable? If so how?

Also, from reading here Naugahyde seems like a good material as it is not toxic or the least toxic. Any other ideas suggestions? I am looking forward to doing this when our new little one joins us. :). Looking forward to doing all the things I didn’t do with Ian and all the things I did do but have learned how to( hopefully) do better. :slight_smile:

I think ours is about 6 feet. You don’t want it too large so that you can’t put it anywhere when it’s time to put it away, and you don’t want it too long when you want to use it as a ramp. We used ours as a ramp most of the time - a short track will make it difficult to get a nice angle, a long ramp will make it harder to find a place for it.

We used vinyl (faux leather) which worked. The challenging part was just getting the materials.

We used vinyl too. Ours is the same length as our bed. We were going to line it up next to our bed and but we never did. It’s a good length for us though. It fits nicely with out brachiation ladder.

Thanks! I have already ordered some materials and I am looking forward to using it. Ian hated being on his tummy so I hope this one is okay with it. Tamsyn, I saw your video on YouTube. Very cool. I wish I could do the brachiation ladder too, but makimg one would be way beyond my abilities.