Could anybody who bought doman "bit of intelligence card" comment ?

Hi

I am wondering whether the picture quality of doman “bit of intelligence card” from gentle revolution is good.

Could you also share which your favorites were if you bought any of them? Now, “Birds”, " Butterflies & Moths", “Insects I”, “Insects II” and “Leaves” are all packaged together as spring nature sale. It costs $74.95 instead of $99.75.

It’s expensive. But since 10 facts behind of this card is correct for sure and I don’t have a lot of time to do research, I am thinking whether I should buy this…

Thanks.

I think it’s expensive too. And it weighs like 6 pounds so would be expensive to post overseas. I’d like to know who has bought some and what they think.

I’m interested too. I have heard they are of good quality, but they are very expensive and would only be used for a very short amount of time.

It woud be great to buy if you were rich! :slight_smile:

The Doman’s cards are expensive indeed. For the facts, we can just simply do a wikipedia search and get the facts there. That will be much cheaper than getting Doman’s cards just for the readily available 5 facts. What do you think?

I love the BOI Cards. They are beautiful and have so much information on them. I wish they had many more. I have also made my own, which took lots of time. You can do either, but they are a nice investment. I use them for all my children. Since I homeschool, I would have the older kids look at the art masterpieces and learn the bits on the back. I have had them for over 7 years and they are still in great shape. I plan to keep them for my grandkids, someday.

Let’s see, my favorites would be:

Art Masterpieces
Reptiles
Primates

I really like all the animal cards. There are a few sets I don’t have that I wish I owned.

Karma to you Krista, thank you so much for sharing this info with me.

What are the BOI sets that you wished that you didn’t get and why?

Thanks

There are none that I wished I didn’t get. I wish I owned them all and I wish they made even more. I paid $20 per set, years ago. When you figure out how much time it takes to make those 10 cards, with all the information, I would rather buy them, ready made. I have made tons of bit cards myself. Some were easier than others to put together. I just think the cards they produce are so beautiful. I will definitely keep them forever. I hope that answers your questions. If they are having a sale, buy some. I don’t think you will be sorry.

hi there

i have 3 sets of the bit of intelligence cards that a friend has lent me.
they are really good. just for the information. i just dont have time to put together that info.

the shipping cost is alot. so i wont get my own just yet unless i know of someone going there that could bring them.

if it is affordable for you then go for it. you wont regret it.

I had purchased 2 sets in the past and I had thought of purchasing some more at that time … But then I came across Brillkids and there was so much information here that I didn’t feel a shortage of any categories. But I think that the bits are more useable for kids who would pay attention to each “bit” as it is being read to them. Like for my son (who is 2-years-old), he will never pay attention to me if i had him sit, look at the picture while I read a fact. I think he gives more attention to the way things are set up with the LR … just a word + media.
I think that the set i own, MAYBE it will be of some use to me in the future, but I can not say so for sure.

I bought about 10 sets back in March when they were having a sale. I got mostly the animals and insect ones. They definitely look awesome and have a great set of facts. There’s no way I could have made anything to compare to these (or it would have taken forever). I feel like it’s been a good jumpstart into the whole program for me - having something there ready for me.

what are these bits of intelligence cards? can i buy them from this site?

Go to www.iahp.org. Then go to the bookstore and look at bit of intelligence cards.

great thanks for the info. Is this something that we can make ourselves at home? let me have a look. thanks.

i love the boi
got some as a gift
if i had some extra cash i would buy more
they have 10 well written facts
and great pictures

i just checked out the site
and some of the cards are missing
inventors, artist and parts of the body are some of the ones i was going to buy
but are no longer there :frowning:

tatianna,

At this link you can see the brain set.
http://www.gentlerevolution.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=G&Category_Code=FMAM

I think it is worth the price if you can afford it. I bought in Peru a set that includes peruvian animals and musical instruments but i do not know if they ship it out of Peru, and they are in spanish.
It is an excellent product and every time i mention my grandson to work with cards he runs to the living room and sit on the floor wainting for me to start passing the images.
Nevertheless, as NidaZafar said, when its time of showing the image and reading a fact i have to do it very fast. After 3 days (twice a day) i have to change figures for him to pay attention again.

I just received the math cards in the mail, and they are of good quality. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the all the comments and infos.

By the way, Tatianna, I see inventors, organs of the body and composers et cet here in this link.

http://www.gentlerevolution.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

Also you might want to check out the “encyclopedic knowledge weekly collaboration group” for many free cards with pictures and all ten Bits of information already gathered ready for you to print if you are looking for a more economical approach.

http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-encyclopedic-knowledge/encyclopedic-knowledge-weekly-collaboration-group/msg32463/?topicseen#new

Hi, I am the mother of the little girl in the video of her with her GD’s BITS cards…We have the flags, composers, Inventors, ORgans of the body etc.

The pictures are all great and facts are brilliants. My gal picked up a lot from there. But she gets bored with them already because according to GD, you are supposed to flash like this

10 days - name of the picture i.e. Flag of Brunei
10 days - says fact no. 1 while flashing i.e. saying ‘the capital of Indonesia is Jakarta’
10 days - fact no. 2 and so on…

The things i do not like about it are

1. Kids are not exposed to seeing the words. I rather they know the flag of Singapore and be able to read the word Singapore too.
  2. the sentences are too long for rapid flashing. So kids either get bored or we read too fast to sound interesting…
  3. Its expensive.
  4. Limited.

above are my personal views only. Thanks!