Confused! How to Teach my Baby Music

Hi,
I’m a very busy mum of a 7months old girl. I’m using LM and LR to teach my baby reading and math but I don’t know any easy to use software to teach my baby music. What do u suggest as a music teaching software and what age is good to start it?

any suggestion or comment is appreciable

BrillKids Team is working on Little Musician! But it is still on beta testing stages.

In the meantime you can check some of the following programs, — none are really a full rounded curriculum (Excerpt for Soft Motzart, which is a PP and Piano teaching program, but it lucks music recognition and general EK on music, and it is for a bit older kids, so you probably would want to wait on that), but each has its own pluses and can introduce your baby to music concepts, we use a few different ones, but definitely looking forward to Little Musician curriculum:

Trebellina – http://www.brillkids.com/coupon-store/partner-trebellina.php – you can even get discount for you Forum loyalty points!
Classical Baby - Music show and Art show – they are great for music/art appreciation
Kinderbach – http://www.brillkids.com/coupon-store/partner-kinderbach.php – this is the link where you can get a discount with the Forum loyalty points

For a bit older ones:
Soft Motzart
Piano with Dot
Suzie’s Piano

I would recommend what we have done, which worked great for us:

Classical music appreciation – we played variety of classical music compositions on the background when we played, etc, we had different selections for wake up, gong to sleep, play time, driving in the car

Classical music recognition – we used www.back-to-bach.com for fun variety, but we also did listening to short music compositions and naming them – name and composer, we did all kind of fun games with that

We did presentations on composers, musical instruments, styles of music, national music – anything music related

We did flashcards with music notes and played the notes on guitar, piano, while showing flashcards

Daddy played lots of instrumental guitar to the babies, and we did rhythm games

We also collect all kind of simple percussion music instruments :yes: Kids love that, and it is a great way to teach rhythm and let them to participate when music is played! You can start with the rattle even :slight_smile:

We also listened to music from different countries, time period and dance to it…

Hope these ideas are a help in some ways!

Thank you so much I’ll try them :slight_smile:

At 7 months old the best thing you can do is expose your baby to quality music. Play classical music daily at different volumes too. Occasionally swing and dance with baby in time to the music. You can start on perfect pitch training. The choice is usually between really expensive tuning forks or playing a note on the paino and saying the name of the note. Also use flash cards to teach the note placement on the music staff.
If playing piano is in the future then soft Mozart have a lot of their piano pieces available for download free, it would be very useful for a child to be familiar with the music pieces before needing to play them. Softmozart is for older children ( I say 3.5 years but others say 18months lol).
Also twiddle wink DVDs have a music section, which teaches pitch, note placement and duration, along with much more and are well worth the investment.
Oh also sing! Sing nursery rhymes and lullabies.
Mine have great rhythm and good pitch from singing and dancing. They can tell when I sing off key :slight_smile: