confused about two languages

Hello my name is Sayly and I have a two year old baby girl. I’m looking forward to start teaching her how to read, but i’m confused on how to teach her english and spanish at the same time. Do you think she can retain all that information at once?

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. I suggest you check out out early learning boards. There are many threads about teaching foreign languages.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15

There should be no problem teaching your child two languages at the same time

Hello Sayly! :blush:

Welcome to our BrillKids Forums!

We have a lot of other parents here int he forum who are continually teaching their children different languages at the same time - some of them more than two languages! :yes: feel free to gather insight from them, which can be found at our EARLY LEARNING sections in the forum.

Be sure to browse through the different topics on early education here in the forums - and please feel free to participate in the discussions, too! We hope that you will share your parenting experience with us here, and I look forward to reading about your adventures while teaching your little one!

We also recommend visiting our BrillBaby website for more information about how to teach your baby - the site covers several topics that may interest you: from prenatal stimulation to life skills to teach your little one.

We’re glad to have you!

Lappy :happy:

I have an uncle in law married to a foreigner and their kids hear their mom speak a language, dad speaking ANOTHER language and this language with a different dialect by his family members! both kids totally accustomed! i think this is enough proof they can learn 2 languages.
Also i forgot, i got a cousin who knows 5 languages and he i only 9yrs! and he started learning four languages only when he turned 7yrs! now he speaks in all those languages!

hi and welcome to the forum. we are gland to have you here. for your question about teaching two languages together, i would recommend you to teach. im teaching my E three languages. dhiveh , english and arabic.

little minds are big enough to identify what they are larning