Combining Doman & LR

Hi there,

I’ve been showing my 15 month old daughter single word flashcards since she was about 6 months old, but never progressed to couplets, sentences, etc. I am finally ready to do more of a program, and I like Little Reader, but I also like Doman’s suggestion of doing a lot of sessions throughout the day. Has anyone done both programs at the same time? Would this be beneficial, or redundant?

Wendy, LR is very versatile. You can use the software to flash as many words as you like, as many times per day as you want. The curriculum is designed to be viewed twice daily, but you can break up the lessons into smaller portions if you like or play the lessons more than twice. You can also create custom files for any specific words you want to teach your child. A huge advantage to using Little Reader over traditional doman style flashcards is that LR offers a wide variety of pictures and videos to demonstrate the meaning of words and the 1 year curriculum takes the burden of preparing materials off the parent. Download the two week trial and see how your child responds. I encourage you to teach your child in whatever way that you are most comfortable with and will be most likely to stick with, whether that is Doman flashcards or using LR. Best of luck!

When I first taught my son to read, I did 100% Doman but could not keep up with the work of preparing teaching materials.

LR can be a big help of you want to follow Doman method by showing “word only”.
You can customize your playback setting to play words only. You can show your child the lessons as many times as you like.
:slight_smile: