Cod Fish

hello everyone,

i’ve got a problem now. my son is turning 8mths old in 2 days time. i’ve just started to try and give him cod fish as his first not veg food. i mix the cod fish in a porridge with carrot and brocolli, guess what, he hates it. he doen’t open his mouth at all. but when he sits with us together at the dining table, he rushes and opens his mouth for the food that we pretend to feed him from our plate.

i take those opportunity to put his food in his mouth and he realises its not the food from our plate and makes that vomitting face or even sometimes he vomits.

what should i do to make him eat. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lost.

Maybe just keep trying different types of food. Hopefully you will find one he really likes! If he doesn’t like the cod fish try something different and then introduce the fish at another time.

I wouldn’t worry if he doesn’t want a certain food at this age. As long as he is starting to enjoy a variety of foods & slowly able to handle different textures he will slowly progress. Give him something different for now & try the cod another time.

Next time after steaming the cod, keep a first pieces on the side and puree the rest. That way he can try to feed himself. Kids enjoy feeding themselves. While they are focused on picking up the cod, they won’t mind so much about the food you feed them.

When I tried to feed my daughter this wonderfully sweet kiwi, she refused even after she’s tried it. A few days later, I cut up another kiwi into small pieces and put it in front of her, she nearly finished the whole thing. I finished what was left in the bowl and realized that this one was sour!

Yesterday I made my daughter cod fish that turned out really yummy. I cut up 1/2 onion, 1 carrot, let cook in chicken stock till almost soft, then I add the cod and let it poach in the stock. Then I puree everything and realized it was just a little more than 1 portion, so I put the rest the cod puree on the cod fish for my 4-yr old boy and told him it was “sauce”. He hates baby food but loves sauce, so no complains from him! Since you just started non-veg, you will have to followed the 4-day wait rule for each new food you introduce.