Choosing paintings - help!

How do you select the paintings you show for art EK? Each artist has HUNDREDS of famous works - how do you narrow it down to a more manageable number?
Thanks!

You can show whatever you want. If you visit www.theclassicalmommy.com/bitscollection.html she has already done the work for you. You can download the files and print them or show them on your computer. This is a really valuable resource. She has way more than just art. This is a huge timesaver.

Krista, I just went to the site and was so impressed. You really have saved me so much time. Karma to you.

It is a beautiful thing when others share their work. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Krista. I was getting ready to make my own art book with pictures of the best art. We just finished Picasso, my daughter showed a lot of interest on them. But now I just need to print them from the link you shared with us.
My goodness, Time is what I need and you save me from more work!!THANK YOU
Karma to you

Thanks! I’ve pilfered a lot of her stuff now :rolleyes:

I am having sooo many issues with creating POI for art :frowning: Although I’m following a sensible and supposedly simple formula, the available information is minimal, repetitive biography! I’m trying to do Monet, and for several pictures that I recognised (meaning they must be really famous ones :wub: ) I could find pretty much nothing beyond the name, date and ‘oil on canvas’. I am left struggling to fill 3 or 4 of my points for each picture, which is taking hours :frowning: Not fun.

There really should be a website somewhere that makes this easier!

I ran into this problem also in the past. I searched to find 10 quick facts to write but it was not easy. On some you may not be able to fill in 10 facts. I think it is most important to recognize the work and know the artist. Sorry I am not more helpful. If you find anything please let us know.

Thanks!

For artists, I do a biography on each and then POI on 10 of their paintings. I show 40 - 50 paintings for each artist, but only do POI on 10. I have done Caspar David Friedrich and Botticelli if anyone is interested. My criteria for choosing which paintings I write about is simple. Is there enough info on that particular painting available? Does it appeal to me? Does it blatantly go against our religious or moral standards? Don’t get me wrong, I do show religious art and even some nudity. It would be impossible to study art without it. I just have my limits. One thing we have to keep in mind is that children don’t mind the repetitiveness of the information. I would rather go with a good formula for each and be consistent.

I finally managed to get POIs for twenty Monet paintings. Yey me! I’m going to add them into the EK collaboration as and when it gets going. It would be great if you could share the work you did for your art POIs, Shadah, as this has to be the most time-consuming area in the whole of EK.

it’s really hard to find good information online
sometimes i just go to the library and get a book on the artist
or talk to someone who works at a art museum
very very time consuming :tongue:

Anyone have any viruses/spyware after downloading from “theclassicalmommy” website? I may have gotten it elsewhere, but that was the last item I can recall downloading.

Ouroboros, I did not get any viruses from the website

Ouroboros1 - I downloaded her stuff, too. No problem here.

Because of the downloads from Classicalmommy, my computer has been giving me problems for over 2 months… I’ve also been having problems trying to log on to BrillKids, thought not sure if the two are related!