Choosing a Homeschooling Curriculum-Sing Spell Read & Write

Hello Homeschoolers,
I have been “homeschooling” my children from birth so to speak. A little background to help with my Sing Spell Read and Write question.
My daughter who is four know her ABC not backwards though, can count up to 20 not so much backwards, can read some words, can write some words.
I wanted information from users of the SSRW program. How do you like it? Do you recommended it for someone who knows their ABC? Would you recommended something else or just certain pieces of the SSRW?

I am considering buying it and hope to make it to a homeschooling sale to actually see it in person along with other materials? It has been recommended to me by people who have used it in the past but no longer have the program.

i have heard a lot of great things about it
but it’s quite expensive
if your child is already learning her sounds she may not need it
there are a lot of free or very inexpensive reading programs so look around
look up starfall a free reading program
is your child a auditory learner ?
if so ssrw is a good match

I haven’t used it myself but know several homeschooling mothers who have and really enjoyed it.

that’s what my mom used with me…I liked it! I’ve been looking for it too (used). I mostly just want to use the books. I remember them being really easy to read and each one focuses on a different phonics sound. I think I remember playing the “Go fish” game too with sounds…it was fun.

Tatianna: I did go to the Starfall web site briefly and it looks like it might have some useful items and I always like free because as many of us know things add up quickly.

Aprylp: Yes it is a little $$. I am also looking for a used one but have not had to much success in that yet. That is why I’d like to make it to a homeschooling book sale to view all the various systems out there and see what I would want to piece together.

Of course it’s great to get stuff free of the web or at a low cost but sometimes I just don’t have the time to look. So it is out of convenience that I am looking to put together a system.

I might can help you get things that you need. I use starfall and an audio phonics website. Would it help you if I gather everything up for you, print it, or save it to a cd and send it to you in the mail so all you have to do is print it? or do you want a printed binder. I create curriculum for various grades. I have toddler, prek, and k ready. If you are interested PM and let me know, I will fill you in on the details.

Anyone recommended website for home schooling?

Are you refering to audio learning or homeschooling in general for early learners or older?
For audio learning for early learners www.dreamenglish.com/phonics
www.starfall.com, and www.headsprout.com

For other recommended sites please the forum post http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-other-topics/library-all-links/
look for ed posts there is a link to a doc file that you can open to see the homeschooling sites put together.

If you don’t find what you need PM me and I will help you.

AprylP, go fish is a great idea. For some reason I just now saw that. I will get together a game for my LO’s soon. Thanks for the tip.