Chinese simplified or tradicional

Hi friends!! I would like to buy the curriculum to teach Chinese to my son, but not if it is better traditional or simplified version. Can anyone explain me the difference? What recommend me? Which can not be best for your future.

Regards and thanks in advance :wink:

P.D. Sorry for my English, is a translator :meh:

Hola amigos!!me gustaria comprar el curriculum para enseñar a mi hijo chino, pero no se si es mejor la version tradicional o la simplificada. ¿Alguien me puede explicar la diferencia? ¿Cual me recomendais? No se cual sera mejor para su futuro.

Un saludo y gracias de antemano :wink:

In China joins the simplified

Hi Natadan!

For parents who would like to teach their babies Chinese, we do have Chinese Curriculum, but here is something to think about before you buy the content: :nohear: :nosee: :notalk:

The Little Reader Chinese Curriculum teaches Mandarin Chinese, and there is an option to get the curriculum in Simplified or Traditional written format. :happy:

The difference between the two versions is that Simplified Chinese characters are used in the Simplified Chinese Curriculum and Traditional Chinese characters are used in the Traditional Chinese Curriculum.

This means that the main difference is in the writing of the characters. This is very important, since depending on where you are and what you intend to use Chinese for, you will need to make a decision between the two.

Generally speaking, Simplified Chinese characters are easier to write and learn because these have fewer strokes compared with Traditional Chinese characters – this is because the Simplified Chinese uses ‘simplified’ forms of the Traditional Chinese characters. On the other hand, each Traditional Chinese character usually consists of many strokes which serve to illustrate what the character means or the idea it represents.

In my belief, the most important thing which will weigh in on your decision is what you will use Chinese for:
The use of Chinese written language is different in certain countries or regions. For example:

Simplified Chinese is used in…

[] Mainland China
[
] Malaysia
[] Singapore
[
] …more widely used around the world!

Traditional Chinese is used in…

[] Hong Kong
[
] Macau
[] Taiwan
[
] …and a few overseas Chinese communities.

If your family does not live in a place where you will explicitly need to use Traditional Chinese, my best suggestion is to go with Simplified. :yes:

Ohhh muchas gracias Lappy!! Me ha encantado tu explicacion :blush: Actualmente, mi cuñado está viviendo en Taipei, pero no se si sera para mucho tiempo. De hecho, el alli habla ingles.
Creo que me voy a decantar por el simplificado si es un poco mas sencillo. Porque simplemente adquiriremos (mi hijo y yo :smiley: ) unos conocimientos basicos, y ya bastante dificil es de por si… De hecho, no se si llegaremos a aprender algo jajajja

Gracias de nuevo, me encanto tu respuesta.

Un saludo!

Ohhh thank you very much Lappy !! I loved your explanation :blush: Actually, my brother in law is living in Taipei, but not if it will for a long time. In fact, there he speaks English.
I think I’ll decant simplified if it is a bit easier. Because simply acquire (my son and me :smiley: ) some basic knowledge, and it is quite difficult in itself … In fact, if we will not learn anything jajajja

Thanks again, I loved your response.

A greeting!