Chinese Nursery Rhymes and More!!

For those interested I will be receiving a bunch of fun educational material in chinese (i.e. nursery rhynmes, poems, books for children) in a few days or so. I plan to review everything and I will post my thoughts about them afterwards. Everything that I get I can get again for those that are interested. All of the material comes directly from China, so I will need to know as soon as possible following my post so that I can let my instructor know before she returns back from her trip. Thanks and have a great day!!

Patience, post as many things as possible! They are very hard to get :slight_smile:

Looking forward to your review!

Hi it’s me, let me know if u need me to add voice to your powerpoints! But do show me the steps on how to do it!

Great we need lots of chinese materials. I don’t know where to find good chinese materials.

Hello!!

I have received the material, but I haven’t gone through everything yet, but I can tell a little about each item. There is sooo much to go through and I am somewhat overwhelmed because everything is in mandarin. Although I am studying the language I am not there yet :biggrin:

Nursery Rymes: My kids love them…I have a 3 disk set of around 100 rhymes and another seperate disk that has 50 rhymes.

A set of disk around 6 or 8 of them that contain poems, but I haven’t listened to them yet.

A set of 2 cds that have many of the popular songs in China

2 cds that are just lullaby instrumentals for babies to fall asleep to

A series of dvds and books for older children to watch and learn the language, but it is also used in china for the children to learn english, so my teacher said it should be easy to follow, but I will post again after I have had a chance to view them

A memory/matching game with half of the pieces containing the character and pinyin and the other half the pic to match the word

Alice in the Wonderland- but I haven’t opened this yet either, but I am sure my 5 year old daughter will like this as well

Lastly, there are two sets of flashcards that contain general vocabulary of family, animals, etc My only issue is that the pinyin and characters are written on the front side with the pic and not on the back, but I can work around that. There are also short poems on the back of some of them as well which would be good and easy for kids to learn…

gotta go for now but i will be back with the rest!!

Dear Patience,

I am excited for you and it has peaked my interest in Chinese!

• Ayesha

I am interested in Chinese, particularly nursery rhymes and childrens songs. Does anyone know where you can obtain Chinese learning materials in Australia, as buying from overseas can be expensive (the postage and exchange rates).

Patience,

I’m in! My husband and I just decided this is the third language we want to teach to our daughter.

We look forward to see what material you can share.

I wasn’t sure if I should have started a new post, but I will post it here for now. For those looking for powerpoints in english and/or chinese I joined a site called sgparenting.com that pupisek mentioned in one of her posts and it has a lot of wonderful material. You have to join to look at everything, but I logged in today and there was a link a parent had posted about her blog page that have free downloads…check it out when you get a chance and good luck!!

Sahar

Dear Sahar - would be so kind as to post the link to the blog that you mentioned here?

Thanks a million

Gloria

Dear Gloria and Everyone,

It is http://ourlittlesmarties.com/

Sahar

I am interested in the chinese materials too! :slight_smile:

HI all,

I have been looking for chinese material but not much out there. I make my own chinese flash cards but as my Mandarin is not native, so i will need more information about this.

Heard about Apple Tree?

Can you tell me if the Nursery Rhymes are in Traditional or Simplified Mandarin? I would be willing to help you with them, as I have started some of the well known rhymes myself in simplified, we should swap notes before we duplicate. Thanks.

Dear Mandy and Everyone,

I believe the nursery rhymes are simplified. As far as creating any I wasn’t planning on it, I just posted information about them just in case someone was looking for one to purchase. There are about 150 of them so I wouldn’t even know where to start if I did. But if I do you will be the first to know :slight_smile:

Thanks and Take Care
Sahar