Children's magazines

Hi everyone,

I wanted to gift my friend’s daughters (4 and 7yrs) with some magazine subscription. They are in Canada.

Do you have any recommendations?

I loved the ‘MISHA’ children’s magazine as a kid :slight_smile: It has been out of print for many many years. I still remember how I would wait to receive it in mail and finish the whole book on the same day…lovely memories :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
Shaman

You can also gift them video games. Kids love games other than magazines.

I like High Five and Chirp for the little ones. My son likes National Geographic Kids (he’s 6), and I also like Chickadee and Highlights. I went to a magazine shop with my son and we poured over a bunch of different ones first to see what we like. I try to avoid magazines that promote a lot of T.V. shows, movies and games. :biggrin:

Jack and Jill or Turtle Magazines have been enjoyed by my son

Thank you for your suggestions. I will definitely check these out.

Haydeejamison, I believe that video games do not help develop imagination/ creativity, strain the eyes (if played for a longer time) and do not allow for more parental interaction- all of which is still possible with books. In addition to that, coloring, doing puzzles, joining dots etc with pencils helps with fine motor activity too. I’ve seen these things with my friends kids. Books are definitely better. That’s just my opinion.

National Geographic for Little Kids… for age 3 to 6.