Children in daycare centre

helo, :smiley:
i want to know how can teach child to read if u are working mother and your child is going during the day in daycare centre :unsure:

Here is what I would do; check with the daycare to see what curriculum if any that they perform. then decide what curriculum and or what method you want to use. I would ask the day care if they could help you in this, with supplying them with books just for your child, and other supplies like flashcards, etc. I would try to plan the time that you spend with your child, of course that’s the hardest thing, finding the time to teach, but there is room, maybe not everyday though. In the car have a virtual book playing in a DVD player, have things labeled in the car and through out the house. Place an ABC border or word walls up in the child room, changing area, etc. Have toys around that are educational, that sing the ABC’s or that count, etc. Also find out waht posters, word walls, etc that the day care has. In the daycre if your child has a certain care taker or teacher notify that teacher of the goals that you have for your child and see if he/she can assist you through out the day. Sometimes it doesn’t take a huge amount of time, it can take a small amount each day. For instance if you serve ABC soup or number soup count or sing with your child. Nursery rhymes are in my opinion a great way to start with a file folder game that you can take with you in the car, grocery store, day care, etc. And of ocurse using LR after a nap is great to. My children love LR. And to you can record the LR slide shows on a camcorder to play in the DVD player in your car.
I think that scheduling your reading time is the most important thing. I know it is hard for working moms I was there until I had my 2nd child, then I had to stay home. I was so tired at night that I didn’t feel like teaching my little one to read but I found other ways and other people to help me, like grandma, aunts, unlces, when they visited.
Introduce books, books, books. The more words they see the more they will recognize the words. You didn’t say how old your child was but even placing magnetic ABC’s on the fridge is another great idea.
I hope this helps. If you want to start with nursery rhyme file folder games let me know I have several created that I can send you the link to.

Thank you for the advises,
they are really useful.And I can say that u are very creative mother.My child is 8 month old.
I am still learning myself to work with LR, because I have it from 1 week.I would be pleased if you tell me when I have to use these nursery rhymes and games.I would be glad to see your links. :laugh:
Joni2009

I started singing nursery rhymes with the action figures since 10 months old. I would hold the action figures up and sing the rhyme. I just posted a video on nursery rhyme file folder game.
www.kizclub.com is the site that has lots of things for the nursery rhymes, and so does www.hubbardscupboard.org, and http://www.carlscorner.us.com/Readers.htm#Mother%20Goose
even though yours is 8 months singing, reading the nursery rhymes is a great way to start at anytime. On these sites you will find printable books, coloring sheets that you can make into a file folder game, or lap book, finger puppets, etc.