Children Immersion Language Programs run by language schools eg Language Stars

Hello - I found an interesting website of a ‘fun’ immersion program called Language Stars based in Chicargo. I was wondering if any of the US forum members have sent their children there or know of other people who’ve sent their kids - and how the program rates? There’s something in Australia called Alphatykes which looks similar.

Thanks

I tried to hear a sample of their Cd Songs in different languages but could not find it. Does anyone has the CD? Is it good?

Hello all,

It is fantastic that you all want your children to be exposed to a second language, and immersion is certainly one of the best ways for them to become proficient in the language. I work at AlphaTykes, and we are trying to show Aussie parents the benefits of teaching their children while they are in their golden age of learning.

We have launched our program into child care centres, providing the centres with the tools and support to fully recreate themselves as a bilingual centre where children are exposed to two languages almost every day, providing them with semi-immersion. We can then offer parents access to support materials so the exposure can continue at home! If your child care centre is interested, we can roll out the program there as early as Term 1, 2011!

To contact me about this, please e-mail amy@alphatykes.com.au.

Please visit our website www.alphatykes.com.au for more information on why learning a second a language will give your children endless opportunities and to find our more about our curriculum and programs.

Thanks again for your support!

Hello Amy,
I view the alphatyke page and think it is very good. But i understand it is only for Australia.
I would like to see some examples of the program you follow. Are they videos, songs or only interaction with flashcards and conversation (which is the best way).

I am considering enrolling my daughter in Lango, they have locations throughout the US. They just opened one up local to us.