Children book!!

Hi there,

My LO is 10 mo now and I want to buy some new books for her. As I’m not English native, I didn’t have English books in my childhood to know the best authors for children!

She has some little library series and few books that I read for her everyday and she likes them.
I 'm looking for books with image and large words which suitable for her age.
Any advice Will be appreciated :slight_smile:

HI Ella,

I went through this phase as well. Please buy board books, the LO will rip the pages along with your heart. Also, buy during sales cause books are expensive in Malaysia
This is a list of the best picture books recommended:

http://childrensbooksguide.com/top-100

In Malaysia, you can use
http://www.caterpillarhouse.com/store/. Pretty good discount. Free postage above RM 200

Or
www.bookdepository.co.uk/. Free international shipping

Tiger’s favourite:
Snuggle Puppy, A Love Song by Sandra Boynton. Prob bcoz I sing it and it’s about dogs…haha…

Just wanted to add,

If you want to see the books first, (important bcoz the size of the print and illustration matters) go to Borders or Kinokuniya. They have the best selection of Children Books. It’s like book heaven. Daddy’s face when I go book shopping → :ohmy: → :wacko:

Good luck

Hi Jessica,

Exactly, my hubby’s face is like yours when I go to kinokuniya and other toys shop! Because we always buy something for LO :laugh:

Yesterday, I bought YBCR starter pack at kinokuniya. Do you have it? Is it helpful you think? I don’t know whether it’s good idea to mix two and more method with each other or no! :confused:

Shichida always ask to go ahead with his method and not mixing with another methods!!
They said it in the first seminar I went.
But after two terms I have to terminate her class for some reasons and I want to continue her learning at home making shichida materials.

Hi Ella,

I have YBCR. My LO will never sit still for the reading part. The only time he pays attention is during the singing (so that he can dance lol )

Personally, i think it’s not much of an investment if you are looking for right brain material. So sad that you are leaving Schichida.

Jessica

Hi Jess N Ella,

I have YBCR and my LO’s love love love it!.. Both my 21 and 10 month olds intially were quite skeptical about it, giving me funny looks… and I used to only play half the CD for them just to sort of acclimatize them to it due to the fact that the cd’s are quite long.

Personally, my older one ended up reading all the words in the starter pack way before the 1 month was up, but my smaller one (10 mo) doesn’t show any signs of recognizing any words… Not too worried though…, let her take her time :)… I also have LR, but they seems to prefer YBCR, although they do sit through Lr completely.

My personal idea of how the YBCR cd is prepared is that, after every 20 plus words, there is an activity (song/rhyme), and the LO’s end up looking forward to it. So they have to watch the words to get their TREAT (song/rhyme)… so what I do is, before I play the CD, I tell them that if they want to watch the song, they have to sit quietly and listen to the words… of course I watch it with them, interaction is VERY important!

So they start clapping and dancing when the song comes, and when the lesson begins again, they sit and watch… sometimes repeating after it/ doing the word actions. I’m quite happy. So, Ella… do try it out first… small sessions at a time and see how it goes. Good luck!

Regarding the mixing of methods, I dont think there is any problem as long as your LO loves and enjoys it… make it fun, ok?

@ Jess: yep… seriously VERY free… hahaha!!!

Hi Dr_Mommy

I’ll try at least one month to see her reaction! Actually she loves LR but I’m looking for some more materials and software for her.
Thank you for your positive commend.

Dear Jessica

At first I felt too sad that I’m leaving Shichida but now I try to buy or make their materials for LO and teach her at home. Hope to be successful! :confused:

And your blog is big help! Thank you for sharing your experiments :slight_smile: