Child Friendly Recipes

Not sure if a thread already exists on this topic, but I would love to have place to find child friendly recipes. Healthy foods that your children like, perhaps that kids can help make.
My kids favorite is home made pizza. Everyone makes their one with all the toppings that they love. I like this dough recipe because there is no need to wait for it to rise.

Ingredients

* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)

Directions

1. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out on a large pizza pan. Top as desired.
  2. Bake at 375 degrees C (190 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.

Great idea Mylittleones! Currently my son is only five months old and eating fruit and veg purees but this is a great topic for those with older, possibly more fussy children! I would recommend home made ‘chicken nuggets’, much healthier and yummier than the deep fried version.

In a zip lock or freezer bag, combine chunks of chicken (I use 2-3 breasts and make a batch, freezing some for later), 2 cups of breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup parmasen cheese. Put 1/2 cup buttermilk in a bowl and dip the chicken chunks in and then add them to the bag, shaking well to coat. Place on a greased or lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-15 mins at 180 degrees Celcius. You may like to turn them halfway!

Enjoy!

Hi,

my son loves the pumpkin. It is his favourite food.
I put it to the oven with potato and meat or liver, and when all is ready /30-50 minutes/ I mix it.
It is healthy - full of vitamine D, and delicious :slight_smile:

But he also loves courgette dish: I cut the courgette (a little, young one) into cubes, and boil it in water, with a very little salt and a coffeespoon olive oil. When it is ready, pour almost the whole water out, and I press the cubes with fork. I put a teaspoon sour cream and cheese. When the cheese dissolved /2-3 minutes/, it is ready.

Bon Apetite :slight_smile: