child doesnt seem interested in reading cards

Hi every1. Been teaching my 18month old boy Zach to read by the doman method. he seemed interested in the first week then lost interest where now he looks away and how can you move through the words quickly if he doesn’t even look at them. This challenge wasn’t in any of the books so really need help. has any1 had a similar experience? Advice please. thanks in advance. jay

Lol…its ok ive answered question myself…and this might help someone else who may have asked this in the past. I show the first card (he always looks at the first one) then I wait longer to show him the others but each one now gets his attention like its the first one. each one is still showed for a second but a longer gap in between. I would prefer to do it the norm way as taught by domans but we have to modify to suite our kids. sessions take longer but the importance of him getting it is soooo worth it. All the best jay.

Amazing answer thanks jay. your awesome!! :smiley: :smiley: lol lol

I also experienced this with my boy. What I did is find another cards that is different from the first which is new to him.