Character Development - What are your top picks?

Just wondering what sort of traits you’re instilling in your little learners, aside from filling them with academic goodness. Also, what methods are you using?

I want mine to be gentle, loving and caring and above all respect himself and all others, therefore I try to always act that way towards him. I’m a positive discipline mom and lean towards attachment parenting.

I actively teach compassion. I wasn’t very compassionate until I had children and I missed ALOT of loving opportunities because of it. I teach it by example as well as by encouragement. If a sibling or friends falls head over turkey, we don’t laugh, even if it’s very funny. We always check to see if they are alright first. It’s amazing how many children and parents laugh first! My kids now tell off people for not showing enough compassion. I love it! They are truly lovely children, always willing to help, they write get well soon cards without me telling them too and they are always hugging everyone.
I should mention compassion didn’t come easily to one of my children, it was a long road!