changes every where? what are the effects?

our president was ruling for the last 30 years . now new president elected and on 11 this month he is going to start ruling our country. we never have seen this ( changing president before). this really gives headache. there must be changes for sure. but what are the changes that can be seen? can anyone of you help me on this matter? i cant even imagine the situation

Is that Maldives? Wow, I was there last year (wonderful holiday) and even walked past the Presidential office, being told by our tour guide that he had been President for many years. What happened? Why did the people choose a new president?

now we have party system. democracy came to our country too. every one here is happy to see the change. but you know some of the older people they seems like getting mad. i cant wait to see the change. you know every one is going to ware yellow dress. wow

Rixu its an interesting topic.
KL, As rixu has mentioned our country is going through the biggest change ever…we are so exited. For past 30 years our president have been ruled. This month 11th (Tuesday) is the day maldivians going to see the true democracy. Wow…I am dying to see the changes.
ya pls can anyone of you have experience any such a difference or change in your country.If so can you pls share it with us.Here in Maldives we made history.Rixu, Our children is going to be proud of us, thats something for sure. But the fear is would it solve all our problems for the next generation, for the future of our children?!! :slight_smile:

yep

In Democracy you will enjoy more. You always have more options to choose form. It can be an option to choose your ruler, represantative etc.