Can't find "Red Dots" on LM

Please forgive me if this has been answered before. But I don’t see red dots anywhere on my little math. My baby is not very interested in little math but because of recognizing red dots on the Doman picture CDs she yells out “dots!” whenever she sees them. So I hoping if the icons on little math were red dots, maybe she’ll look even for a few seconds.

Where is the red dots icon set and how would I set up little math to use only them for a while? Thank you!

Elise

Hi Elise,

You can use the circle icon from the “Basic Shapes” icon set - this particular icon set can be customized so that the circle icons will always appear as red circles.

You can use the Override function to ensure that all your lessons show red dots whenever icons are used.

Please follow these steps (for Little Math v2):

1. Open Little Math and go to the Play Courses or Play & Edit screen

2. Click once on the “Override OFF” button to turn Override on (the button label should change to “Override ON”)

3. Click on the cog button beside the Override button to open the Override Settings window

4. In the Override Settings window, go to the Numbers tab and click on the “Display & Sound” button. You should see the “Icon” sub-tab by default - if that’s not the case, just click on the “Icon” tab from the left side of the window.

5. Click once on the button beside the settings you want to customize to turn it on (the light inside each button will change from red to green), and after this you will be able to change the setting according to your preferred option or value.

In your case, you need to change the following settings:

a.) Icon: choose Icon > Sets > Basic Shapes (from Choose Icon Set box), then select Circle from the “Choose Icon” box

b.) Shape Color: click on the dropdown option and select “Set Color” then click on the square box beside the dropdown to select the red color you want to use

c.) Other optional settings: Size, Icon Placement, Column Count (for Grid icon placement), and Background Color

1. Next, go to the Expressions tab and repeat Steps 4 and 5.

2. When you’re done, click on the Save button.

In case you need detailed instructions on how to use the Override function, you may refer to this article:
http://support.brillkids.com/entries/20608263-How-to-change-playback-settings-for-all-Little-Math-lessons

If you want to go back to the default icon settings later on, all you need to do is turn Override off by clicking on the “Override ON” button.

Thank you so much for your detailed instructions! I did it!