Can you help me find a music class?

There is very little for playgroups in our area, so I would like to put our son into a music class to give him more exposure to children his age. Not to teach him an instrument necessarily, just one with singing and rhythm. I have done a few searches, but the only one I can seem to find is Music for Young Children (myc.com). I know there are others out there. Can anyone help me find some more?

Music for Young Children is very good. My son was in there for 3 semesters before we started Suzuki.
What about kindermusik. Google Suzuki music lessons in your area. I know in Manitoba there is a Baby Suzuki class. I think in some areas they call it Pre-Suzuki. Our actual Suzuki class is based out of the University of Manitoba’s Preparatory Music Programs

Hello A Mommy,

There is also Music Together, Musikgarten, and Gymboree may have some music based classes as well. I take my kids to Prezuki but that is not offered everywhere, I would contact your local Suzuki Association to inquire and they would be able to lead you in the right direction. You are sure to get a very high quality program with anything tied into Suzuki, others might be hit or miss and a highly dependent on the instructor. We have some independent instructors running small private toddler music schools too in our area, maybe you do too!

Kindermusik! Thank-you! No matter what words I used to search, I was only coming up with myc. I would love to try prezuki or gymboree, but unfortunately neither are available here. :tongue:

I’m not sure where you are located, but in our area we have the Kids Directory. (USA) It’s full of advertisements for all of the local kids programs and shops, including some music programs if they chose to advertise there.

http://www.kidsdirectory.com

We found some music & dance classes (not going on right now, but starting this summer and fall) for preschoolers at a local music and dance school. Most cities have lots and lots of music and dance schools.

That directory looks very useful. Does anyone happen to know if they have anything similar in Canada?

Thanks for the idea DadDude. We don’t live in a city, so no music or dance schools are available.