Can we gain more insights from the IAHP alumni association

I am interested in attending the IAHP Multiply baby intelligence couse. I understood from others that it is the same information that we find in their books and DVDs. There is a benefit of becoming a part of their alumni association aftter taking the couse. I am keen on this alumni community.

Can someone who are members of this alumni association comment if it is worth attending the course and gain more benefits from the alumni community.

Thanks.

And do they have a private (discussion) mailing list, or a private forum?

hi arvi:
i cannot comment per sea on the course, but i do know that it is for “beginners” (IE: people who are not familiar with flashing cards, making cards, etc.). i have the 4 DVDs they put that outline each course at the institute. i have to say i was happy that i bought them because i saved myself about $1,500 by NOT attending. what i would like to do is take the follow up course that deals with how to teach once you’ve done what’s in the book(s). i believe that is why they have put together materials from the evan thomas institute (extensive BOI that touch on almost everyting you could think of!). it might be worth purchasing the “teaching your child to read, or EK” DVDs as it might give you some insight as to attending the class. i know they go into great detail about making bits, dot cards, etc. and i think most of us know how to do that…
anyway, take a look at the DVDs to get an idea of the course. i think you will make a much more informed decision.
good luck to you!!
the doc

Hey Guys!
I have the math and reading DVDs, I just have to sit down and watch them. Never enough hours in the day. But I did find this catolog for the Evan Thomas Institute
http://www.gentlerevolution.com//PDFs/ETICAT&PRICE.pdf

Thanks Doc, I agree with you. I do have the How to teach Math DVD. I was very disappointed for purchasing the DVD coz there is nothing new that I could gain after reading the book. I guess it is the same with the course as well (there may not be any new information).

But I wanted to know some advanced information like what to do after dot cards. I think I will get such information from their http://www.gentlerevolution.com//PDFs/ETICAT&PRICE.pdf books. Thanks waterdreamer for sharing this link.

Doc, if you happen to attend their advanced Graduate course share your experiences.

I attended the How to mulitply your baby´s intelligence course this April and just like you was very keen to join the alumni association. However, after the IAHP confirmed to me that there were only around 80 members on that forum, I withdrew my application. Plus if you want to believe Perla Adams, the Classical Mommy, the people on that forum are quite inexperienced parents that sign up after the course, but there aren´t interesting discussions going on there. Just like you I would be very intereste to hear from somebody that is an IAHP alumni association member.

Do you know that it costs you US$100/ year to become and stay a member of the IAHP alumni association?

I think it comes down to this:
US$100 for 80 members
compared to 39,765 members on this forum for free with highly interesting discussions going on (and bearing in mind that we don´t only speak about Doman…)

That is very interesting topic!
When I found out about the IAHP, I wanted go to these courses as soon as possible,
but having baby 3 months old, I had to postpone the whole idea, and I glad I did.
I read all 9 books from " How to teach your baby"… series, I saw Reading and Math DVDs. I love them all! I love GD way of view at early education.
But I also think that the whole secret, the whole magic is IN THE CHILD!
I think it is enough to read GD books, to create successful program for your child!
About the IAHP alumni association I have the same opinion as isapabi, I prefer Brillkids Forum way better!
I also read the article at classicalmommy blog about her experience with IAHP.
My opinion all the info you need to take in with the grain of salt.
I love GD methods, and I see they work, but I will not rely on them ONLY to educate my child.

I agree you can’t put all your eggs in one basket. We jump
around and use different techniques to match my son.
I would still love go to Philldolphia and do the brain Injuried classes