Building the Universe!--- Our first reader!!!! Thoughts?

Building the Universe (aka Me) just put up our first reader on atoms! You can find it by following the link in my signature. The reader will be at the bottom of the Atoms are everywhere post.

Making a simple reader is more difficult than I imagined :yes: but I think my little guy will love it. What do you guys think?

Yay! It’s wonderful! I will read it to my kids and let you know when I do. They will find this very interesting. Congratulations!

It was well written! It is great to see more science stuff that kids will be interested in! Thanks!! It was great to see all the other things you have for teaching kids about atoms too.

I loved your stuff! The atom coloring sheet, cards, the whole set is wonderful. I was just looking for something like this. Your ppt. presentation is something I have dreamed of doing and never accomplished. Good for you. Please post when you have anything new. We will look forward to it.

Thanks so much guys! My goal is to create something of a cross between Brillkids and Preschool Packs. I hope to keep the hands on component huge. Right now, I am working on creating some printables for a wall mounted flow chart (how the universe is built… this leads to that type of thing) that will be added to as kiddos learn new information. It will be somewhat interactive. I am trying to think of ways to make it so anyway. My mind is racing with ideas. Unfortunately, there is only so much time in the day! lol

I just posted cursive tracing sheets for lesson one vocabulary and notebooking pages (dictation, maybe?) for lesson one. I can officially say that lesson one is complete and I will begin work on lesson two: elementary and composite particles, quarks, gluons, and identifying/building the first five elements of the periodic table.

I’m such a nerd. :yes: :tongue:

Don’t worry your arnt the only one :nowink: I caught myself reading a science encyclopedia yesterday…and the kids were no where to be seen! :ohmy: yep I am a nerd too. Oh and my kids are too…thankfully at their school it’s considered Perfectly acceptable to be a nerd. They really follow through on their effort brings rewards philosophy.
The only time we find it a problem is when we go out to dinner and they choose MEP math sheets instead of colouring in to do while we wait. ( seems to be perfectly acceptable if we go out for Chinese mind you!) maybe we could colour some atoms next time instead. lol

Very nice!!! Great ideas for our little scientists :yes: Thank you for sharing these!