BRILLKIDS CONVENTION

Hi everyone,

I mentioned on another post Does Anyone else feel this way started by Poker Dad that I would love to meet everyone in person. Finally flock together if you know what I mean!!! lol

If it is alright with KL I would love to organise a convention for everyone. THe strange thing is I had been asking the big man upstairs what I should be doing wth my life and my love of early learning and maybe this is it bringing us altogether.

How many of you would be interested? How many of you are willing to travel to another country? I can organise things here in Adelaide. We have some excellent facillities. But before I get started and with KL’s approval because he did start Brillkids after all. How many of you would be willing to help?

Kimba (Kimberley) (so very excited)

Kimba,

I would love to attend, but I would be unable to get to Australia for this. If it were in the US somewhere I would hope to be able to go. I would love to meet so many members who feel like friends.

You know the answer to this is that you have a gathering in multiple places. I would love to attend, but dragging a toddler across the world is not my idea of fun.

Sonya

I would travel anywhere to get to a BrillKid convention.

I, too, would travel anywhere to attend a BK convention! :laugh: Imagine finally meeting KL, Lappy, DadDude, TmT, and all the other wonderful people on this forum from whom I have learned so much! That is, of course, assuming they will be attending. I will even bring Ella with me - we’ve been traveling since she was 5 months old and she’s now an old pro at it! :biggrin:

Would love to support this in any way we can! (Though not quite so sure about flying all the way to Down Under… :blush: )

Why not organizing a survey, such as:

Are you closer/willing to fly to:
1-Europe (Paris? London? Moscow?)
2-Asia (HK? Singapore? KL?)
3-North/South America (Canada? US? Lima?..)
4-Australia
(Adelaide? Sydney?..)

Depending on the answers, you could organize more than one convention, or at least determine where the first one would be held.

*off topic for a sec

Hi Kimba15,
I think the “Does anyone else feel this way?” thread was started by Ricardo Cuevas…

:unsure:

I would love to attend a BK convention if it would be held in USA :yes:

Why don’t you take volunteers to help organize conventions in their own countries.

So say, I will volunteer to organize a convention here in the US. I have experience with this sort of thing, but would rather not do it alone. It is a ton of work.

Sonya

Im all for ine i the US. Sonya, ditto your post. I’m east coast. Feel free to pm me and we can start planning :slight_smile:

ooh interesting! I could come if it’s in Australia or even probably Asia. I would LOVE to meet some early learning mums, dads and kids. Would be great to have some speakers so we could learn some more too.

I would also love to meet up with other families. It would be great to see our kids play together.
Tracy (NW Florida for now, San Antonio TX soon)

Kimba, this sounds great. My guess is that my current employer/funder would fund the trip down under. My wife would love to go, although I doubt she’d be able to with the baby…which, come to think of it, poses a little bit of a general problem, doesn’t it… I would be happy to talk at the conference as well.

Sonya, and anyone else, if you are really serious and have experience with organizing conferences in the U.S., let me know and I’ll see if the supporter of WatchKnowLearn & Reading Bear has an interest in funding it and at what level. I’m guessing he’ll eat the idea up, if it looks credible. Of course, he’d need to know roughly what it would cost and of course I can’t make any guarantees. He has the TODAY program with Matt Lauer dissing YBCR recorded, and still gets upset by it. Something to get more publicity to show that this movement is ready to go mainstream is just what we want to support.

We we could just learn so much from each other! I would love to go :yes:

Will definitely attend a US convention.

You asked for it, so the journey is starting :slight_smile: Enjoy: http://forum.brillkids.com/general-discussion-b5/let-the-countdown-begin!-are-you-ready-to-meet-the-2012-convention-is-coming!!/msg81132/#msg81132.

i love the idea on this topic…i wish the founder will make it real… wish alot will cooperate… and wish a newly register like me… will be welcome as well…

I will really like to attend a convention in the USA and I’m willing to help in any possible way! :slight_smile: