Brilliant free website..must see!!!

I’ve just found a fantastic flashcard teach baby reading, maths, languages and encylopaedic knowledge website. At first there doesnt look like much there, but it has layer upon layer of info, as when you click on a picture category, you return to a whole different page of picture subjects to choose from. I saw monet, fish, solar system, maths dots in Arabic, lots of german labels for items…
www.mooneleaf.com/flashcards

thanks good site it changes the presentations that show every time you enter -
interesting - thanks K2U

Gloria

I just checked that website. It’s a great site Nikita. Thanks for sharing!

That’s great. Thanks, Nikita

Wow they had some really nice things on there. Thank you!

wow thats great :slight_smile:

thank you its nice

Nikita,

Karma to you :yes: Thank you so much for sharing the website. Hopefully they keep putting more categories.

Nikita,
karma point for you :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi,

Be carefull with the German flashcards !

I saw a LOT of spelling mistakes !!! :tongue:

Have a nice day.

I’ve just bookmarked the site. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the tip about the German. I just registered as a member so I’ll let the author know… it was her friend who labelled the items in German, according to her blog. A German dictionary would be better…but the friend still do the voiceovers.
I’ve realised if you press the ALL button in categories, you dont see ALL the flashcards, you have to go down the list one at a time, looking through Famous people (presidents, inventors etc), biology etc to get to see all that is currently listed.

Thats really brilliant site

Thank you for sharing :slight_smile:

Nikita,

If you write a mail to the autor, tell him/her that in German nouns HAVE to be written with a CAPITAL LETTER first of all, even if Glenn Doman says the opposite in his book. Doman wrote his book in English and you can’t compare it to German (regular nouns like cat, cake, … and names alllllllways take capital letters).

And there are other spelling mistakes that I won’t correct here.

I haven’t listend to the voice added, I’ll do it later and let you know !

Hope I won’t get a heart attack :biggrin: !

I just checked it out and it looks really good! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Nikita,

The voiceovers are better than I suspected them to be…

The voice is quite repetitive but fine.

There are still mistakes like the voice says “Hose” and it is written “hosen” or the word “Shorts” is pronounced the American way and not the German one. “Nielpferd” is pronounced but “flusspferd” is written, “Hemd” is said for a T-shirt this is wrong too ! “Hemd” is… I don’t find the word in English… a blouse for men. See, English is really not my mothertongue…

Well, I’ll stop here. If ALL the mistakes are corrected by the website it would be perfect !

Bye !

Thanks Dorer, I’ll let her know. Pity I cant speak or read german, even though my family is german. My mother refused to speak a word of german for 30 years, because she was teased at school and called a Nazi. I’m trying to get my kids to learn German.

That’s so sad, Nikita. People can be very cruel.

At least they are trying with the German. Nouns should be capitalized in German no matter what Doman says because that is grammatically correct for them.

I wonder if she knows about his site? We should send her an invite! :slight_smile:

I love how each set is presented in that you can see and click on the picture that you want to start on so you can visually remember exactly what’s in that group.

Thanks for making us aware of this site. It’s very fascinating. She has a lot of the same concerns that I have. I’d love to post powerpoint presentations and other homemade things on my blog for everyone, but I’m so worried about copyright violations. At least if I copy something out of a book at home no one really knows but me. I worry about adding files on this site too, and this has been one reason why I haven’t uploaded many files for everyone to enjoy. Wikimedia and such only go so far for photographs. Specialty topics are difficult to come by. We could really go far if we didn’t have to worry so much. :frowning:

Yes it’s sad of course Nikita. My dad also worked a year in the US and some people would spit him in the face if he would say that he’s German ! It’s difficult to make some people understand that they are not responsible for what happend many years ago and that the Germans are the first feeling so bad about it.

Good luck for your teaching !

Let me know if you need some help.