Brill kid for windows 8?

Will the program be updated for windows 8?
After reading the requirements, i understand this program only works with older versions of windows. I am not even sure XP and vista can be bought still in stores…

Thank you

Well I had this working with windows 8. I just downloaded the recent version and I am not getting any sound. I did some other stuff at same time so may not be latest version problem. I also went to down load my files I created again, and it is trying to charge me for files I provided or for files I have already downloaded. I have the codecs and I do not have any sound. Little Musician has sound but not little reader. The sound files are present after reloading curriculum but little reader does not appear to find them.

Windows 8 will work just not in touch mode.

Thank you. Not really encouraging though… I hope it works again soon for you!

Anybody else has experience with LR and windows 8?

That’s strange. I run all three programs on my computer with windows 8 with no problems.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi Neptune, the latest versions of all BrillKids software do support Windows 8, although we did miss updating our system requirements lists about that. :ohmy: We’ll update our requirements pages as soon as possible!

Sound problems may come up for a variety of reasons, and for playback issues you experience in any BrillKids software installed in your Windows 8 computer (or any version of Windows for that matter), you can use the built-in Audio Diagnostic Tool as an initial solution. You may access this tool in your BrillKids Software’s Support > Support Tools > Sound Problems (in the “Support Tools” window).

If the built-in tool doesn’t resolve your playback problem, we encourage you to create a diagnostic report and send it to us (you can do this from the Support Tools window too). Alternatively you can send us your diagnostic report via email to support[at]brillkids[dot]com.

Once we receive your message and diagnostic report we’ll start troubleshooting and we’ll get back to you as soon as we find a specific solution for you.

When I edit a Little Reader File it says the sound file is empty. So either the sound files are not include in the download or are in the wrong location.

Hi Patreiche,

Just wanted to inform you that we received your Little Reader diagnostic report, thanks for that! We’ll check it out and I’ll get back to you through our support email once we find a solution for the problems you’re encountering after the update. :yes: