Brand New Here

Hi, My name is Jennifer and I have a wonderfull 2.5 yr. old son named Harry. This is my first child and I am planning on homeschooling. It’s been a slow start to learning how to teach him, not knowing what resources were available and such in middleofnowhere, OK. But here we are and finally getting down to business. We have been reading to Harry since before he was born but I just saw the infommercial for Your Baby Can Read and that is what has brought me here since I was trying to find free things to use not being able to afford the 200$ program offered on tv but I was enthralled by it and am determined to start with Harry immediatly with the free tools on this site. An suggestions, links, ect… are welcome.

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. You might want to focus on the early learning boards to get tips and info on all things early learning. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

HI,
My son is 2 yr 3mo and I too am interested in homeschooling him. Like you I couldn’t wait to get started. But I did spend the $200 on the YBCR and at first I thought it was worth it. The problem is I just don’t like him watching that much TV…I did eventualy get the Book ‘Teach your baby to read’ and I asked my husband for the rest of the books by Glenn Doman and the institue for the achievement of human potential as a Gift. The Library and Amazon are othe options ofcourse.

I strongly recommend these books (teach your baby to…) here’s the site
http://www.iahp.org/

I believe this is probably the most economical way to teach your child, also the most time consuming. And of course this site too.

I’m new here also, so I don’t know much about the Little Reader program. I have a feeling I will probably end up getting it also Mostly for the languages.

Thanks Vons Mom. I think the hardest part is how overwhelming this can been since there is so much to learn myself, I appreciate the link and am looking at it now.

Hello Jennifer! :blush:

Welcome to our BrillKids Forums!

Be sure to browse through the different topics on early education here in the forums - and please feel free to participate in the discussions, too! We hope that you will share your parenting experience with us here, and I look forward to reading about your adventures while teaching your little one!

You’ll also find a lot of links to other online resources here in this forum, so depending on your interest, simply choose which subject board or topic you’d like to view!

We’re glad to have you!

Lappy :happy: