Brainy Baby Sale

I just thought I’d let you know that Brainy Baby is having a 99 cent sale on thier VHS tapes. They have many of the Bilingual Baby videos on sale. However, shipping cost a little more than $10 (they only seem to do UPS ground) so it is only worth it if you are getting a few tapes. (I also saw on this forum that someone had trouble trying to do international shipping with them. I’m in the States, so can’t say. In the States they seem to be fine.)

I don’t get commision, I just thought I’d pass along the info I found. :laugh:

Here is a link to their videos page:
http://www.brainybaby.com/shop/html/Products/Videos/index.html

Thanks for the information. I will check their site.

Thanks for info.

thanks for the information …its great

thank you for raising the topic!

If you are in the philippines try to check multi media stores like astrovisioN and oddysey there always on sale… very affordable… in peso currency… say PHP 100 per DVD…

Can someone tell me a little bit more about these products? If you have bought them, what are your reviews?

Thanks!

My girls love Brainy Baby. They can watch it many times in a day than YBCR. It’s very educational. Brainy Baby ABC’s, 123’s, Shapes & Color, & Right Brain are their favorites. They didn’t care for the Brainy Baby Animals, they just love the Old Macdonalds & that’s it, but I think it’s a great video as well. They’ll probably like it someday.

What I like about the Brainy Baby 123’s, it has more counting over Pre School Prep & Baby Einstein. It counts up to 20, whereas Preschool Prep up to 10, & Baby Einstein Numbers 1-5. It has several formats of counting like showing the number of objects as the voice counts; or the objects are displayed first then numbers will appear on the object as the voice counts; or the numeric number is displayed then the objects appear as the voice counts;or the objects or numbers will display one by one without the voice over, it gives the child her/his turn to count. I like this part, unlit candles display on the screen, and then light one by one as the voice count. My twins love the counting song on fingers.

For the Brainy Baby ABC’s it’s like this:
Big A, little a. A makes two sounds. A A A Ape, A A A Apple, etc. Big B, little b. The letter b says, b b b balloon, b boy. Big C, little c. The letter C makes 2 sounds. C C C circus, C C C cat. etc. After every 5 letters, they repeat the letters by a test, like a woman voice will ask, “What sound does letter A makes?” A girl voice will answer, “letter A makes 2 sounds, A A Acorn, A A Ants”. The songs might not be as catchy as Baby Signing Time but my girls still like the songs esp. the 2 little girls singing their ABC’s.

And for the Brainy Baby Shapes & Colors. The shapes includes Circle, Square, Triangle, Rectangle, star, Diamond, Heart, Oval, Crescent, Pentagon, Hexagon, and Octagon. The colors are Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange, Purple, Brown, Pink, Black, White, Silver & Gold. I like how they present the shapes & colors in this video like circle for pancake, triangle for pizza, “a banana is shaped like a crescent, sometimes a moon is shaped like a crescent”, “an octagon has 8 sides, a stop sign is an octagon”, “a diamond looks like 2 triangles put together”, “An oval looks like a circle that’s been stretched”. And for the colors, they show few objects in a color. Like for the color red: Apples, strawberries, tomatoes, red hearts. “This color is red.”, “The flower is red”., "What color is this? Red, she’s drawing a Red flower. I personally love the song in this video, “I’m sitting on Green Grass, under a Blue Sky. Eating Red Apples in the Yellow Sunshine”.

Hello, thanks for your long and informative review about the products, really helpfull. I will get soon all :)bye

2010BEBES shared this link in another post and I thought it may be good to have it here too since it seems to be the best deal when thinking about getting these DVD’s

http://www.amazon.com/Brainy-Baby-Grow-Me-Collection/dp/B0018RKV6C/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1245898590&sr=8-12

Thanks Joha for your share. I have seen the link there and some how I have ended up here:) I am in UK and now looking for the products that i can find here. They are quite expensive. I will wait for sale:) or maybe i can find second hand. Cheers