Brain Enhancement/Speed Reading Technology > eye-Q Advantage

Dear All,

Is anyone familiar with eye-Q?

http://www.eyeqadvantage.com/

Please let me know what you think.

Sincerely,
Ayesha

When I started the Graduate program in English, I knew I needed to learn to speed read. I bought Eye-Q and I did considerably increase my reading speed and comprehension with the program.

It’s really fun, too. I enjoyed doing it.

I called and they offered me a lower price, too, and then when I said I would think about it they lowered the price once again. So you might want to call rather than order online.

I don’t know if a VERY young child could do it, but I think that an older child certainly could.

Interesting. I tried the free ‘lesson’ on their site and my score went from 300+ to 400+ wpm. But don’t ask me if I remember what I read!
lol

I also tried the free lesson on the site and increased my score (350 - 735) but I am a little wary of that lesson as I have a feeling the text was spaced differently the second time around (would have to go back and see) You are supposed to be able in narrowly printed text to run your finger down the centre of the text and read the whole passage as your finger passes down which is what the exercises seem to be teaching you to do.

I must say I found it quite fun and would love to get the programme purely from interest sake - that final printed text flashing by so fast but still readable most of the time was interesting. Thanks for the link - how much does it normally cost?

Dear Texaslady, KL, Tanikit, & All,

The program is amazing, isn’t it? Here is a little history about it that used to be on the main website, and surprisingly, is no longer.

"The speed at which you process information may be the most critical factor contributing to your success in life. With eyeQ, you and your family will be able to read and process information at least two to ten times faster within just 2 weeks!

The eyeQ program is a proven system that will help you read faster with better comprehension. It’s the best advantage a parent can give a child. And as a working adult, you’ll gain the skills—and the resulting competitive edge—to effortlessly manage today’s information overload. We’re confident you will agree with the people we’ve surveyed who have completed the program: 98 percent said it met or exceeded their expectations.

The highly effective brain enhancement techniques in eyeQ were developed in the 1980’s by Dr. Akihiro Kawamura, one of Japan’s leading brain enhancement researchers, who has authored more than 70 books relating to the brain and the learning process.

A compelling combination of technology and scientific research has resulted in revolutionary methods of brain enhancement, which are shared in eyeQ.

Since then they have helped over one million people in Japan and America read and process information faster.

Today, they continue to evolve by harnessing the power of a personal computer."

source > http://www.nightingale.com/prod_detail~product~eyeQ.aspx

Our family bought the family version of the program several years ago, and need to use it more consistently. I originally wanted it to increase my own reading speed, especially with time constraints of caring for young children, as well as help them once they are able to read. And now that we are beginning the Doman method of reading - they will be able to use it sooner, rather than later (1st grade and beyond.)

• Ayesha :slight_smile:

Hi,
How can this be used for a young child or a toddler??

Phew!!! I always knew I was a slow reader, but 291 wpm :blush:

I must say having read your posts I did try and read the second “test” so that I would know what I read, but only improved to 318 :blush: :blush:

Will have to brush up on this :yes:

I’ve tried some speed reading programs from our local library. They helped increase my speed but not so much comprehension or areas of grammar. I do believe that experience in college courses etc. helps with those areas.

I have attempted to read at least 100 pages in 1/2 hour. That is a good way to ensure the reading is up to speed. Classical novels are a good place to ensure good practice.

Dear Paldesh,

EyeQ will help young kids even if they do not read yet as one of the goals of eyeQ is to increase the periferal vision and increase the speed at which the eyes move left-right- to accomplish this they use pictures - I like it very much it has help me, and help my daughter as well 4 years old.

Hope this helps.

Gloria

a baby of a friend of mine was able to read at 3. she is now 12. a side effect of her early reading was speed reading. she usually reads a book or two in a day. speed reading is something to look into as it can save so much of time. im reading this novel at the moment and i have started it 4 weeks ago. just dont have the time to sit and enjoy it. speed reading would definitely improve my quality of life