Book Review - My Penguin Osbert

I love to read. That being said, I love to read to my children also, but I am selective to reading good books. I like books that rhyme and books that are clever. I like books that I don’t mind reading again and again. I am always rereading our favorites and being an avid library goer, we check out a lot of the same books over and over. They are our old friends that we visit from time to time and we are always glad to see them. My daughter was actually hugging a favorite book she spotted at the library one day.

I discovered a new book that I want to share with you. It is called My Penguin Osbert. It is such a cute story. It is written from the perspective of a young boy and his pet. My 2 and 4 year old loved it as well as my older children. It deals with responsibility and will easily open the door for more in depth conversation on the subject with your children.

The story is about a boy who wants a penguin for Christmas. He has asked for things in the past but he wasn’t that specific and Santa didn’t bring him exactly what he wanted. This year he is very clear about wanting a penguin and he gets what he asks for. This delightful story will give children a glimpse of what it means to be responsible and to put others above themselves, especially when they asked for it.

I would give this book 5 stars. I really enjoyed it and will be adding it to my favorites list.

View my blog at www.teachingbabytoread.com