book for little kids

Awesome idea. I love the idea of a book for my dd to look through. Thank you. :biggrin:

I gonna start to do with my babies as soon is possible

Great idea… Will make one for my lil one :slight_smile:

i reaally liked it its a grt thought…also watched all the videos on youtube from early learning at home …they are very inspiring and fun to do activities…

You can also turn this book into a game. Just copy the page, cut out the shapes, and add velcro to each cut out, and to the plastic cover. So that way they can learn shapes, colors, sort, match, and so on on a hands on approach. Remember to do the words as well. This way you can make a traveling game out of it as well.
I love this idea to for story telling. I make pages to go along with the story that we are reading with coloring sheets etc, and allow the children to turn that page adding a touch of sensory to the book by cutting out certain shapes and placing a piece of sand paper, paper towel where the shape was and then glueing a piece of card stock to the back of the printed paper, then stick in my binder or so on. You can cut the plastic cover as well to allow the sensory object to show. For the words I place the printed word onto a popsicle stick the slice 2 small holes in the printed paper and cover sheet to place the popsicle stick in. They love this sticking, pulling, spinning, placing things everywhere. You can even do a little pop up here and there.

Anybody have suggested websites where these clear images can be downloaded? I’ve had a bit of a hunt around google but I don’t think I’ve got the right search terms as I’m not having much luck.

What a great idea, I was going to do similar flashcards and I already cut a bunch of pictures out of magazines, but the plastic page covers is a great idea!!!~ Your book is so well made!