Book for an 5 months old?

Hi,

What kind of books do you read to your little child, 4-5 months old? I’m not sure, what she understands… and so I don’t know what to read to her. But when I take a book with many pictures and start to read (she sits in my lap), she always looks at the pictures and listens very attentively.

It’s best to get books where the pictures and words are put on separate pages.

You could try downloading and printing out our free children’s book like “Colors of the Rainbow”, which have them separated:
http://www.brillkids.com/free-download/childrens-ebooks.php

Hello KL,

Could I also download this book as single sheets? We would need it in hungarian or german language, so I could just rewrite the pages with words on it.

Hi, sent you a PM. :slight_smile:

Nursery rhymes are great, because little babies love poetry, they have an instinctive feel of the rhyme and it help them to keep it later in life. My little one loved listening to poems since about 2 months. However I found traditional nursery rhymes pretty “negative” sometimes when you think about it, :slight_smile: , just take a “Rockabye baby” for example. I got Christian Mother Goose Big Book, – it is beautiful, my daughter likes it very much and poems have a very positive message, I would recommend it…

Also other short classical poems.

nursery rhymes are great. but get those hard covered page books, so your baby can hold on to it and feel the book, yet wont’ tear it.

At that age, we were doing zillions of “concept books,” which are similar to Doman-style presentations, but in book form. Point to a picture, say the name. We also had a lot of board books. My boy loved “That’s Not My Truck” for instance. I think we also did the simplest Dr. Seuss stuff, like Hop on Pop. Just go to your local bookstore and look in the section for babies, toddlers, & preschoolers. Actually, a lot of the books are labelled “baby books” more or less.