Bonjour, I am a New Member Here!!!!

Hello All,
My name is 'Urjani and I am a newly mother of two. I believe that our children learn experience starts at home. I live in Kenner just outside where I was born and raised, New Orleans, La. Because of our Louisiana school system in the pits, I have choose to homeschool my kids. I hopefully our home based business stay afloat so I can keep my kids from going to our shame of a public and our private school aren’t any better. When I tell people I am homeschooling my kids esp since they are 2 years old and 10 mos, they think I am crazy and a radical. They think I have alot of time to teach my kids what they need to know and just take the time to relax esp since I suffer from severe migraines and a three vertebrae displaced in my lumbar spine. They also suggest that I stuck my kids in daycare and it would be easier for me. I don’t want the high road which will turn out to be no road in the long run. I what the best for my kids, the deserve it b/c I brought them into the world and they shall receive it. We didn’t plan for me to be ill but I am a mother and a wife. I responsibility is to there for them as well as to take care of myself. I figure I waited so much time recouping after my son was born (I was bed ridden for 9 mos in a half after having my son) and trying to get on with my day to day life as a new mother. My second child came and not planned and battling my shortcomings. Life is life. I started with the Your baby can read dvds, flip books and cards. I purchased these products one at a time. I went on the online shop today to purchase Volume 2 and 3 and the site is no longer selling individual dvds any more. That was a pitty. I search the web for alternative. I know I should have purchased the 5 dvd kit when I first started now it really doesn’t make much since. My son loves the flash cards. We when on a trip to Nashville Tn, to evacuate from Hurricane Gustav and he pulled out his flashcards, stay the words and repeating the word we telling him what the objects or words are. He can’t get enough. We purchased the baby einstein flashcards when he was a few months old. He does like the movies yet the come second best to the flashcards and flipbooks. I probably purchase the flashcards an flipbooks at a later date. have landed on the iahp site and ended up purchasing the Gentle Generation series books. I also wondered on the Brillkids site and now here I am. I have downloaded the little reader lite to experiment since I have been using think free’s presentation program to make my kids flashcards w/ pictures. I don’t like to use paper needlessly. I think the doing flashcard digitally is best yet my son loves to touch and flip through the card himself. I’ll work it out. My husband was reading on a 1st to 2nd grade level when he was 4 years old. I want to continue that with our kids.

Hi and welcome to the forums! It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki

Hi Nikki,
Thanks Nikki For the welcome.

Hi, welcome to the site. I bought my YBCR on amazon. I see that they are still selling volumes 2 and 3 there:
http://www.amazon.com/Your-Baby-Can-Read-Vol/dp/B0001HAHAU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_5?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1230584834&sr=8-5
http://www.amazon.com/Your-Baby-Can-Read-Vol/dp/B0001HAHBE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_6?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1230584834&sr=8-6
They are the older ones but I think they are pretty much identical.

Hi Linzy,
Thanks. I look into it.

You might want to look at Half Price Books for the YBCR DVD’s. They had DVDs and videos there last time I went–quite a few, actually. So that might be good just to check.

And WELCOME!!

Welcome to the forum!

I think what you are doing with your children is inspirational. I’m glad you are here on this site to share your story with us,

Karma to you for leading the way!
Kimba

Welcome to the LR Forum.

Hi u are lucky that atleast u found YBCR VCD, Here at our side no such kind of stuff are available, even those people dont deliver the CD in India. Though I joined the Forum at quite Late, but still i reaized that it was better to late than never.

TC…

Hi Texaslady and Kimba,
Thanks for the warm welcome. However, there isn’t any half priced books in Louisiana at all. That is always the case with L.A. we are always the last to get a new store and that if we are even lucky. I will wait tell she if YBCR will offer the individual dvds later and since my son and daughter loves the flash cards I will stick with that instead. YBCR is very in demand lately and there items b/coming unavailable is understandable. I will also stick with the iahp programs, since it seems better and on the same page what I am already doing with teaching different languages, integers and etc. I am happy to share my story. I am just taking it one day at a time. You be blessed.
Sincerely,
Urjani

Hi Seema,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am sorry to doing have the reach of the YBCR products in India. However, I do understand how you feel. Even though Louisiana is apart of the United States, we don’t have access to large volumes of things. We like the red headed stepchild. And its even worst after Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Gustav. So I understand what you mean about not having access to something or its not available in your area. There are other alternative to YBCR products. You can make your own videos just like YBCR, the formats is voice add to large colorful font streaming from the right side of the screen or the bottom and pictures of the object the words are related to. I hope this helps.

Micklereed