Birthday Party Ideas

I searched the net to find birthday party ideas for my son’s 3rd birthday party, which was yesterday. I searched this board and didn’t find any posts on it so I thought I would start one and share my ideas.

He is really into cars and trucks so I bought a monster truck theme kit from Orientaltrading.com. It was only $20 for all the essentials.

I went to the local $1 store and bought 1 monter truck toy for each of the children attending. I blew up the balloons that came with the kit and tied one to each of the monser trucks with a thank you card that I made on my computer. This saved me time and money on sending out thank you cards afterwards.

I made the cake myself after studying cake decorating websites and lots of practice ahead of time. It was a monster truck running over a toy car on a “muddy” lower layer.

I had it in my backyard, so I made a sign, also on my computer, that said “party this way” with an arrow pointing to the backyard. I borrowed some orange road cones from a local company and made a pathway leading to my backyard so no one was at my front door pounding away with no answer.

The party kit also came with streamers and confetti for decoration. I used the dollar monster trucks with the balloons tied to them also as decorations along my back porch railing.

The kids played on the playground and with my son’s toys in the backyard while the adults sat around talking. We served hotdogs which was very inexpensive. I just bought all kinds of toppings, like relish, chili, cheese, cole slaw, etc.

I am already thinking of what I will do next year and how to make it easy and inexpensive.

http://forum.brillkids.com/coffee-corner/first-b-day!!/
http://forum.brillkids.com/coffee-corner/1st-birthday-theme/

Here are a couple of other threads about birthdays. They say first birthday, but there are posts included that are relevant to any birthday.

thanks!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: yes, by planning it in advance, be creative… imagine all the possibilities…the more you become creative the more beautiful the outcome… the less you bought the things you need to prepare the more savings you will have…

on my daughters birthday… and my nephew i prepare it … ilove preparing it, its FUN :clown: :clown: :clown: on my daughters 1st bday she was tigger in costume…the costume was made by her grandma, 2nd bday she was strawberry shorthcake…with backdrops and all giveaways… and everything 3rd bday she was with barney and Nemo swimming party…its really FUN to be a MOM…even the cakes… its homemade you could add your themes on it… and cup cakes too… its really FUN…
and on my nephews 1st bday… its Backyardigan riding on a range… even the papers bag you can made it handmade…
and there are , alots of ideas in the web for you to search… this will make you more imaginative… :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

cool ideas!my son is turning 1 this saturday!its a year already! :ohmy:

Plan A was supposed to be back home in the philippines along with my parents, relatives and friends. it will be on the club house with the huge play area and swimmingpool!Elmo and 3 clowns/magicians will be there to brigthen the afternoon, a huge cake in elmo’s image for the blowing candle ceremony and a mini cup cakes elmo for children to bring home, there will lots of games, prices, singing and dancing as well. face painting, magic shows, balloon art making. i have also requested cotton candy stand, ice cream stand, chocolate fountain with lots of marshmallows and fruit pieces to dip into the fountain,hotdogs, kids can even go swimming if their parents are cool with it:clown: its really a big one! (my dad is paying for it! :biggrin: )
but, hubby can’t fly this month bec of work sked! :frowning: which is why we resolve to Plan B.
dubai is not like Philippines or any of our origin country. since we don’t know so many people here with kids, we can’t really have a birthday bash like the plan a. we have friends yes, most of them have no kids who can share the fun of the day. plus, friday is the only day we can host something since its the only day off here.
im sure where ever we celebrate my son’s first bday, it will be in his memories that both mom n dad loves him so much! :wink:

Wow, Plan A sounds extremelt extravagant!

The first birthday should be small and simple with friends and family and a small cake for the birthday baby to dig into and get all messy!

plan a is really extravagant!told u my dad was paying for it!its his birthday as well and my son has a very strong resemblance of my dad which is why he is paying for it!hehehhehe

anyway, plan b is more simple and small.

hehe… i like plan A… i think its the management that count… and if you can afford its alright…we should pamper our kids… anyway they are still young… and they grow so fast… this will give them a lasting happy memories… my hubby is supporting me in my ideas… on all my daughters bday i even in vited 2 mascots of jollibee… i really plan ahead… everything every month i save something for the bday… not counting what the budget i got…and if you have lots of sponsor this would really help alot… grandparents, auntie and uncles and even your bestfriends…i could save alot because i made all even give aways stufftoys for my nephews bday… backyardigan toys i just made it… the cakes too and cup cakes…evrything…even the bandiratas… you could make your own… and backdrops too… i design it.i made the charcters of the themes and let it stand with a support at the back… its imagination … and talent everything…

jsmonton… on your kids birthday next year… you could still plan for it… besides you got a sponsor… hehe were just lucky… :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: to have sponsors…

on my nephews bday… i made here five backyadigans face cake… all fiive characters…

Yes, Plan A is great and so will Plan B.

I guess it is just where you are from, they don’t do children’s birthdays like that here in South USA. Not until they tuien 13, 16 & 21. Those are the special dates I guess.

Althea, do you have pictures of the items you made? My son really loves The Backyardigans as well.

ok i will try to downlod it… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: i will send you… if you want email address will be find…

tthis is a backdrop i just used styrofoam and cartolina…you could stick it on a wall or make it stand just put some support at the back.

what a great job, what kind of icing did you use?

Here is the cake I made for my son’s Monster Truck Party.

cup cakes on the stand for my nephews baptismal… and the other one from the 18th bday… :happy: :happy: :happy: