Best manipulatives for toddlers?

In your experience, what have been your favorite math manipulatives for teaching math?

Besides all the free objects that can be counted, added, subtracted, etc. in the world around us, which tools were the most fun and effective?

There are so many, from Montessori, Singapore Math, toys, etc. that it’s hard to choose which to go with.

TIA
mom2ross

I’ve used mostly free stuff, but also MasterMind or Brainy Blocks. I feel that any manipulative product is as good as the person using it to teach. I know there are tons of products and look forward to hearing others experiences.

Tnikit,
I have to petitions:

1. Can you post where can you get that free material or at least the ones you like the most. There are so many places that really sometimes i get lost.
  2. What is mastermind. Do you mean the game wher you have to guess the colors and positions? I use to play that when i was young and also with pen and paper at school. Just now i saw in amazon one version for kids:
    http://www.amazon.com/Mastermind-3020-06-for-Kids/dp/B00004TFZL/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1303960970&sr=8-2

Thanks in advance for your information.

For me free manipulatives means what I can gat at home - bottle tops are the main ones we have used for patterns, sorting (by size/colour), counting and even basic addition and subtraction but anything from painted pasta, stones, shells etc. I do not know of anywhere online that gives away free manipulatives simply because manipulatives are bulky and need posting.

I know the game you mentioned and also played it, but sorry I meant Mighty Mind - which is very similar to Brainy blocks - I think its the American version. I would actually like to get the Saxon manipulatives but they are pretty expensive.