Bedtime story suggestion/experience?

Hi all moms,

Does any of you have bedtime story for your babies/toddlers? Do you read the same story? Some of my friends told me that they read the same story each night for a very long time then they switch the story. However, my toddler (28-month) seems to like having new stories every week. What kind of story do you read to your babies? I speak Cantonese and most books I have are in English. So I will read it in Chinese and sometimes may point to the words and speak English. I don’t think I am a good story reader as sometimes she seems quite bored. And recently, she always said “Let me read you a story, mommy”, but she doesn’t really read it, but keep flipping the book! It made me feel like I am a failure on telling story!

Any tips/suggestions/experiences you want to share with me please? Thanks a lot

shes just trying to do her own thing let her do that and u can do ur to and u cant be a failure at reading just read and i think u should read both languages to her its always benificial to be bi lingual

I read a different book from the bookshelf every night.

My 14 months old like us to read every morning,afternoon and evening, she just loves bookS!! She points at them and I sit her on my lap, I try to read fast because she likes to turn the pages, and she has fun doing it, I think it is part of reading, the most important part is they to have fun.
I pick up the books, or sometimes she will pick them up, if I pick a book and she doesn’t like it she will throw it in the floor and will go to the next one, every night we try to read different books.

We have a Favorite Golden Book collection: in each book there are around 10 or more stories. We try to read one every night. We read with great enthusiasm but not too loud, as this is when i try to calm my baby down. It’s not working though. All the wants to do is opening and closing the book but we persevere: the goal is to show her that a story has a beginning and an end and we stop reading at the end of it.

Thanks all moms!

I am now reading her a bible book that has 100 bible stories. I guess for each story, I will read it for 2 nights and I will go on to the next one.

Thanks a lot