bed time be always special

Hey Members.

The bet time for the child should always be special. Both the parents should participate in making the child sleep.

A child feels content, satisfied, loved when both parents join him at bed time. So bed time be always special for the child.

The idea is that the most important peole are with him at the end fo the day, with he feels secure and protected, which also encourages the child confidence.

Much agreed! We also use it as a story-reading time before lights off.

I hope I can convince my husband to join my boys during bedtime too.

The only thing that I hope to achieve everynight was not to scold my boys before they turn in. It usually leaves them very sad and sometimes they even had nightmares.

Once I found my DS1 sobbing quietly in bed after I reprimanded him. It wasn’t a serious dressing down sort, just telling him off. Felt really bad afterwards.

oh…
finally i know why my girl alwayz pull everyone to sleep in the room with her …
thankz seema shokeen

I have found bed time special for me too and no matter what else needs to be done after Laurana goes to sleep I try to make bed time quiet and easy going and pretend that there is nothing left to do that day besides be with my child. She has supper then a bath then story time and “prayers” while she breastfeeds and then finally a lullaby CD til she’s finished drinking and then into bed. Then I lie down on a bed next to her cot until she falls asleep - if she stands up and giggles at me I laugh back and tell her to go to sleep - I know they say you shouldn’t say anything when they should be falling asleep, but this works for us and she does fall asleep by herself. In some ways it is my favourite part of the day.