Becoming a good right-brain teacher

Hi all,

I’m new on this forum… well, actually I’ve been reading lots here the last couple of months. I have sooooooooooo many questions on early learning, so now I got myself starting my first topic to ask one of them!

I’ve read this E-book called ‘How to bring out your child’s genius in just 10 minutes a day’ that I found on this forum. It says that parents/teachers should first train themselves to be good right-brain teachers if they want their teaching to be succesfull. I would like to ask you all; what did you do to become the positive, knowledgeable, organized, experienced, childlike teacher?

Thanks…

Was the the e-book that goes with Tweedlewink? I have tried to download that, but if it is posted somewhere here I would love to get the link.

Personally I started with Glenn Doman books - I have read them all and tried to follow his step-by-step plans to the best of my ability. Over the last year I have learn’t a huge amount, both through reading and research, and through trial and error. The keys to right brained teaching seem to be - always be relaxed and have fun, and go through the information quickly. Those seem pretty simple to follow. We have had a few weeks that our programs have been put on hold when we have been sick, travelling, or stressed with other life issues, but overall we are relaxed and have fun with all our activities. I also follow my daughter’s clues - if she is not interested in something we move onto something else.

Regarding learning right brained teaching - there is a long discussion post about Tweedlewink and the manual and teaching courses. I have not taken those, but there were quite a few posts from people who found that helpful in their learning. You may want to search for those posts and read through them and perhaps contact the people with that experience.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Here’s the link to the e-book of Tweedlewink: http://rightbrainkids.com/genius

Thanks for sharing your experience… I will search for those posts.