Be careful: Viral fever

Hi all,

My son suffered viral fever for about 2 week. he was admitted and given IV fluid and some other injection plus many antibiotics. In his viral he got cold , high fever, loose motion and vomiting. It was a hard time for me and my family to watch our son been suffered. These days there are different tip of viral fevers.

I shared with you this because i don’t want this to happen to any of our child. I was thinking how could I prevent viral fever. what are the foods that help to over come a viral?

A Mother.

Hello,

I am so sorry your son and your family had to go through that. My son caught the flu and it was very hard seeing how his body was so weak. In my experience with myself to help get over the viral infection drinking clear broth helped provide my body with the nutrients I was missing out on because I could not handle eating alot of different foods. I have heard that an excessive amount of cold foods such as raw fruits and juices can weaken your immune system so to eat them in moderation. Additive rich foods can also weaken your immune system. Also if you are throwing up and having loose motion it is your body’s way of getting rid of whatever is causing you not to feel well. Eating rice, dry toast and bannanas are some foods that will help with the loose motions. When my son was sick I felt so sad but alot of people told me it was ok and that it would help him build his immune system.

Take Care,
Mela

Thanks Mela1,

Do you still nurse your son? If so, that is the best protection of all. Aside from that, sticking to a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables would be a pretty safe bet for keeping the immune system up, staying away from processed foods, and frequent hand washing. We have a ritual when we come in from the outside world, we go straight to the sink and wash our hands upon returning home.

Speak to your doctor about probiotics, vitamins, and Omega-3s. A large portion of the immune system functions in the digestive area, some people supplement with probiotics as well as a multi-vitamin & mineral supplement (they make liquid for babies) and DHA is for brain function and health in general. I an not a dr and cannot give medical advice in any way, but these are some good things to ask your dr. about!